• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The purpose of QC pictures

tats

Renowned Member
8/5/12
Does anyone else feel like there are more and more of these threads popping up? Each one ends up having a decieving title like "My new watch" or "Check out my new purchase" so I click thinking I'll get a look a new watch and some opinions on quality, etc - instead it's the same old "please take a look and let me know if anything is wrong before I approve...."

It's annoying...

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Does anyone else feel like there are more and more of these threads popping up?

Feel free to link those offenders to this thread as often as needed. :)

ohtoht

23/5/12
if you want that then you should read reviews and not look at QC shots as it is my understand that that is the purpose of QC shots.. to see if there is anything wrong with the watch

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
if you want that then you should read reviews and not look at QC shots as it is my understand that that is the purpose of QC shots.. to see if there is anything wrong with the watch

Who are you saying this to? Please explain.....

ohtoht

23/5/12
Does anyone else feel like there are more and more of these threads popping up? Each one ends up having a decieving title like "My new watch" or "Check out my new purchase" so I click thinking I'll get a look a new watch and some opinions on quality, etc - instead it's the same old "please take a look and let me know if anything is wrong before I approve...."

It's annoying...

Who are you saying this to? Please explain.....

saying it to tats

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I am glad I no longer sell watches. You could kiss my sweet rear end if you think I would post qc photos. You are buying a replica, if it is perfect, there is something wrong,, it's not supposed to be perfect, its a replica. It's giving people a chance to nit pick.. nuts!

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08

The purpose of the QC shot is for you, the buyer, to personally review and make sure that you are getting the watch you intended, and that there are no glaring errors. It is NOT for you to post on the forum to invite everyone you can solicit to find flaws for you.

Monkeynuts

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/11
Can we not do something about this as I am seeing a lot of people just randomly putting there qc pictures as threads

Unless there is some detail which you need a second option on, I find this really lazy

Why can't people just look and judge a watch themselves
Instant ban I think on lazy qc threads

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Or a mod could nuke them....

Sure, but it takes a lot of manpower to hunt them all down to nuke them, and then to send messages to the rule infringer to explain it to them. It would be much nicer if people will play by the rules in the first place. :)

Imaknockov

18/1/11
The importance of QC pics and their intelligent/responsable use cannot be overstated. I've lost count of all the times I've seen people nag or nitpick about this, that & the other thing, and I'm not talking actual defects but complete absurdities. Next thing you know they'll be complaining because the macro shots show what appears to be a molecule out of place neat the 9 O'clock marker and then it will be all down-hill for Dealer pics.

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
seems like a third of all new posts are QC pics.

AgentOrange

Horology Curious
2/7/12
For those dealers that provide timegrapher pics, is that a legitimate pic to post if one is not able to interpret it? Are there certain readings that should not be accepted?

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
For those dealers that provide timegrapher pics, is that a legitimate pic to post if one is not able to interpret it? Are there certain readings that should not be accepted?

no.. if you don't know how to read it then use google or the forum search function. if someone is too lazy to do that than I guess it can't be that important to them.