• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

You're not as anonymous as you think!

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
It's probably the nature of internet forums that we all behave as if we're anonymous, untouchable, and that we can behave as we like, because no one is going to know who we are anyway. You should know that the world is getting smaller all the time, thanks to that very internet, and you ought to modulate your behavior as if everyone on RWI lives in your neighborhood, because it's getting to be that way.

There are two particular instances that we will not tolerate, one of which is obvious, and the other not so much so.

First, if you have any intention of scamming anyone on RWI, either member or dealer, please note that the staff here is appallingly skilled at hunting you down. If you ever wanted to have all of your details, including your family members, boss, previous boss, person who cuts your hair, and picture of your neighborhood posted in the admin section, with your house clearly marked, just give us a reason to want to hunt you down. This is not the world of medicine, there is no HIPAA privacy law, and if we find that it's necessary to call your wife or your parents to politely inquire as to how we can best reach you, we will.

The second instance is that the staff has a no-tolerance policy for duplicate accounts. There are precious few legitimate reasons for owning a second account on RWI, and if you need one, you should apply to one of the staff members to discuss this need, and it will be considered. We recognize that some members forget their passwords or log in names, and in the past, have created duplicate accounts to log on. This is not the procedure to follow. If you cannot log on, use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and someone on staff can get you logged back on. Obviously, we will not allow duplicate accounts to stand for the purposes of shilling or for creating the illusion of having a second member support an argument. And if you're banned or given a time out for any reason, creating another account is grounds for making any temporary bans permanent.

If you already have a duplicate account, we invited you to PM someone on staff now to remove it immediately. If we find it first, you will be banned from the board immediately, without second chance.

So let's all play aboveboard and act as transparently as if we were all friends and neighbors. :)

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
So let's all play aboveboard and act as transparently as if we were all friends and neighbors. :)

Or we will gladly kill you with fire. :ahw:

kill_it_with_fire_demotivational_poster_1235695993_RE_Mysterious_Creatures_Found_on_Earth-s580x419-232628.jpg

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
6 pms on your way..! lol just kidding.
Burn them all!!! Eh sorry, i mean ban them all....

Sent from my Desire HD

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
You gotta love how the chick with the teddy bears comes to bring the pain.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
I like my subs toasted...Wow, that seems like a metaphor?

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I think there should be 1 exception for this rule!
if anyone have succeded in having 4 accounts, of which 1 is a vip member, 1 is a mod, 1 is a trusted dealer and 1 is an admin. but i think we already banned the 2 cases of that happening a while back :lol1:
okk, sorry, carry on!

double gangers will BURN!! :)

dragon-1.jpg

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
1st example reminded me of a incident with some member from mexico or smth.. freaky powerful shit man..

robbnj

11/6/09
I think there should be 1 exception for this rule!
if anyone have succeded in having 4 accounts, of which 1 is a vip member, 1 is a mod, 1 is a trusted dealer and 1 is an admin. but i think we already banned the 2 cases of that happening a while back :lol1:
okk, sorry, carry on!

I'll bet THAT is one helluva story...

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
We could tell you but we would have to shoot you ;)

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
Scammers come in different forms and I actually pity them. This is already a REPLICA forum site helping you not to be outed. What more can you ask for? Jeebus.. :frustrating:

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
If you ever wanted to have all of your details, including your family members, boss, previous boss, person who cuts your hair, and picture of your neighborhood posted in the admin section, with your house clearly marked, just give us a reason to want to hunt you down. This is not the world of medicine, there is no HIPAA privacy law, and if we find that it's necessary to call your wife or your parents to politely inquire as to how we can best reach you, we will.

Sounds like a fkn Migliore family dinner. :lol:

You may be a lady, but I can attest, you've got bigger balls than most around here. ...And ominous teddy bears from hell.

templeton

19/11/11
What's happened to invite this post?

This is of course speculation, but for the second example, I believe a member who felt wronged about how recent forum sale went down created a poll thread to plead his case and lobby for changes in how sales are conducted.

When many of the commenters didn't support his stance, a new member (account created that very day) suddenly appeared to question their judgement and support the OP's opinion. After a little investigation it was found that this "new" member actually had the same IP address as the OP. Busted!

Think this is the thread: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/posting-intent-sale-92545

seoulbrova

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/11
i think it was because a guy from another rep forum was on watchuseek selling off his reps as gens.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Hmmm so this is why I get spam every single day that says, "Someone has run a background check on you" Nowadays all you need is a name and you can check up on anyone.