• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Total newbie - day 1 ?: buy from website?

Ragnarokwatchlover

Looking Around
6/6/20
Hi, awesome forum glad I found this community. Looking to buy a Cartier santos 40mm in blue, likely GF. Starting to source a few TDs. Many of the older posts comment on not buying directly from the website, Over concerns that listed stock may in fact not be available. Relatively newer posts suggest this may not be the case anymore. Advice would be greatly appreciated from more experienced members who have made multiple purchases. Do you buy from the site or arrange everything by email with the TD. If you buy from the site, how do you deal with getting the QC photos prior to funds being transferred. Also, one concern is fake sites - I think it was in time’s site that reported scammer clone sites, if things weren’t anxiety inducing enough for a first timer.

thanks for any input.

bonus points for anyone that could comment on any known decent reps for VC Historiques American 1921. I have not seen any recent posts about this watch, most of the older ones suggest that the existing reps were of inferior quality, not surprising I guess give it’s probably not a common ask.

best,

rags.

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
Welcome to the forum! You can always email the TD you chose to make sure the watch can be sourced easily during these hard times. However, I usually just order and wait for a reply from the TD (most watches listed are in stock).

GeneralG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/12/19
When I purchased through Trusty Time, I emailed them to make sure they had what I wanted in stock. Then he had me purchase the watch through his site and paid via bank transfer. He then sent me QC photos via email (make sure the email you used to register on the site is valid). If you are concerned about fake sites then make sure you grab the latest link from the respective TD sub forum here.