• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Service requirements on initial purchase for different movements types

TW AUS

Looking Around
21/1/20
Hi Mods

It would be really helpful if you can provide some info for us newbies on the initial service requirements for the different rep movement types,

Having no experience in the types of issues I'm likely to face with rep movements, it would be great to be able to tell my watch tech what I'd like done to ensure smooth and quiet operations and prolong the life of my rep.

Many thanks.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Depends on a number of factors, but ultimately, the general rule is it's best to have the movement serviced. Some of the non Rolex superclone movements (panerai and Omega) are not as easily serviced due to lack of replacement parts. Best to read up on the watch and movement before buying so you can plan accordingly. General rule is stick with the ETA clone movement whenever possible. The exception would be the Rolex superclone movements (SH/VRF 3135, VRF 3185, SA 4130). These have good comparability with the genuine movement but will cost more to repair vs a ETA clone movement.