• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is there a guide on spotting normal flaws on a rep Rolex DJ2 while QCing?

CreativeSelf

Horology Curious
24/10/19
Before I made this post I was looking around the Rolex section for a QC guide and I can't find any unless I must be really blind to which I am since I do wear prescription glasses.

But on seriousness, is there actually a QC guide for the Rolex DJ2? I understand that since there are multiple factories that produce the watch and flaws vary from factory to factory. I'm also trying to train my eye to spot known common flaws so I don't end up nitpicking the watch while looking at the QC pics and end up posting in the forums again just to get roasted for being a nitpicker. Also the searchbar isn't working for me. Each time I search for "qc guide" I end up getting results with "guide" as the only keyword, I must be doing it wrong. (Did try "qc+guide" but it isn't working too)

I apologize for this really stupid question as I am still trying to get around the forums.
Thanks in advance.

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
No there is no guide. If the watch looks good to you, take it. No one will spot the tiny flaws that some members here think is a reason to reject. Just stop doing that. Reps will just be more and more expensive and the factories will NOT get any better because we reject for flaws that you just have to accept when buying reps. You are buying a replica. Not the thousand dollar gen.

I’m getting tired of all these rejections and things like horizontal and vertical photoshop lines to see that everything is spot on etc.

Head on over to the gen forums and search for flaws found on gens. You’d be surprised.

Reactions: brycrob

CreativeSelf

Horology Curious
24/10/19
No there is no guide. If the watch looks good to you, take it. No one will spot the tiny flaws that some members here think is a reason to reject. Just stop doing that. Reps will just be more and more expensive and the factories will NOT get any better because we reject for flaws that you just have to accept when buying reps. You are buying a replica. Not the thousand dollar gen.

I’m getting tired of all these rejections and things like horizontal and vertical photoshop lines to see that everything is spot on etc.

Head on over to the gen forums and search for flaws found on gens. You’d be surprised.

Thank you for your reply. I'll definitely check the gen forums out.