• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First trip to Guangzhou - Where to find ARF, what to pay?

carazebani

Horology Curious
3/8/15
Hey!

If this is the wrong sub forum, please move to a more fitting one.

I am from Germany, I am self employed and I visit a few of the companies I cooperate with in Guangzhou. Besides that, I have at least one weekend of free time. My hotel is located in Baiyun.

An old contact of mine told me to go to the ZhanXi Watchmarket to find good reps. Also i read about a market near the railway station. That information came out of this forum. Forgot where I found the thread...

I am looking for 2-3 high quality subs (6-digit with AETA mvmts). One for me, one for a friend and one to sell. I've read a thread which compared GEN, ZZF, ARF, Noob and Nail.
I've had a big timeout from reps, so I only now BP, noob and ARF as high level factories.
It seems like BP lost its way, never been a big fan of them nonetheless.

After reading the thread menioned above, i decided to get the ARF with A2824 in 904L.
Did a little bit of research to no get scammed.

CLASP: E5N (Y8L if 316L)
12h bezel pearl isnt very well fitted into the triangle as far as i could see it (maybe just a bad version)
SEL codings are 5VM 97200
dial printing = is close to 300, no big gap

Maybe, just maybe I would look vor a Noob V9, but the comparison showed that it's not that great. I would look for ST9 clasp code and an A2836 with 80k 97200 in SEL

From a first glance, are my information correct?
Do you know if ARF are sold on the streets? Really liked it.
Where are the best places in Guangzhou to get them, and how do you speak to the seller?
I'ver never been on such a marked before and I am a little worried to get scammed.
How much should I pay for a single watch at maximum? Under 200$ would be okay for me. Around 120$ would be perfect.
Do they let you look into the SEL? Since thats a hint to decide between 316L V9 and a 904L V9.

Im thankful for every kind comment i get :)

Thanks!

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW
IMHO, your best bet is to just contact a TD for those watches and send it directly to your hotel. It will take a lot of navigating and you will most likely be scammed if you visit the markets.

carazebani

Horology Curious
3/8/15
IMHO, your best bet is to just contact a TD for those watches and send it directly to your hotel. It will take a lot of navigating and you will most likely be scammed if you visit the markets.

But can a TD provide such a price? The watches in my german forums are pretty expensive. I'd like to sell one with a little profit and get a good deal for me and my friend who asked me to bring one for him.

EDIT:

Just send a mail to Chazingtime. Maybe they can give me a better price. But I am not very hopeful.

Last edited:

koppy

Supporter
Certified
14/11/17
still to a TD mate.. theres no point risking it.. or keep a eye on m2m if you want it slightly cheaper.. thats the best way tbh

carazebani

Horology Curious
3/8/15
Just got a Noob V9 904L with 2836 for around 200€.
Payed too much, should have gone lower.

Naughtylus

18/4/19
I’m from Hong Kong, and coming from the dealers getting it straight from factory and to me, there’s nothing €120, almost. If you wanna go low ball on your reps, dh gate and taobao. Reps nowadays with such quality, I don’t think it’s deserved to be low-balled. Your best bet is to get a TD on here, and tell them you can meet up in Guangzhou, it’ll definitely be a bit cheaper than getting it from here

Sent from my iPhone using RWI