• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying rolex submariner 11610 having problem with movement SH3135

ktp.online

Looking Around
24/9/17
Dear guys,

I bought rolex submariner 11610 with SH3135. I wear it everyday from 9 A.M. to 6 P.M. I found that it will stop at third day after winding around 40 times.
I don't know what's wrong with it. But, I used to send it to my watch repair and he just cleaned it inside.
Do I need to order a new movement to replace SH3135? or can fix something about its power reserve?

May I ask one question, how long SH3135 can run after winding at the first time and when I wear it how long I will stop.

Best Regards,

Last edited:

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
It kind of depends how active are you, actually. If you wear it only during office hours (and that's what it looks) and then it's sitting there on a table, maybe it runs out of power reserve after a few days indeed.

Let me guess, you keep it in a drawer in your office, put it on as soon as you arrive and leave it there when you leave? If so, that might be the reason.

Gaslight16

Speed Demon
5/7/19
Singapore
It might be that the automatic winding system is damaged, maybe that’s why movement doesn’t get any charge

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
It might be that the automatic winding system is damaged, maybe that’s why movement doesn’t get any charge

The thing is that if it lasts three days with 40 turns it means it does some recharge in between as a 3135 has around 48h power reserve. Three days is 72h so it definitely recharges a little bit, but not enough. That can be either due to a failure in the winding mechanism or that he simply isn't as active as it should be and thus the rotor doesn't spin enough times to keep the power reserve of the watch.

Wind it fully (40 turns is fine) and do not use it at all, see how long does it last. Then wind it fully and wear it continuously for three or four days and see if it is still running. The first thing will test the power reserve and the second will test the autowind mechanism.

Last edited:
Reactions: ktp.online

ktp.online

Looking Around
24/9/17
The thing is that if it lasts three days with 40 turns it means it does some recharge in between as a 3135 has around 48h power reserve. Three days is 72h so it definitely recharges a little bit, but not enough. That can be either due to a failure in the winding mechanism or that he simply isn't as active as it should be and thus the rotor doesn't spin enough times to keep the power reserve of the watch.

Wind it fully (40 turns is fine) and do not use it at all, see how long does it last. Then wind it fully and wear it continuously for three or four days and see if it is still running. The first thing will test the power reserve and the second will test the autowind mechanism.

Thank you very much for your kindly reply.
1. I used to wind it fully (40 turns) and don't use it - it can run within 3 days then stop.
2. I wind it fully then wear it in my office hours (8-9 hours / day) - it will stop at day 3 or 4
3. I tried to just shake it (when the power is over), it's running for a while

I would like to know that how can I fix it. Actually, I really like my rolex but just power reserve is not enough as I understand.

Thank you for your help Gaslight16, and Hinclimincli