• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1st purchase questions

Tony_Stark

Horology Curious
12/11/18
UK
Sorry in advance, overly cautious annoying new guy with silly questions....

after hours of searching I think I am settled on my first purchase, and t.d recommended by this forum.
before I place the order though I have some questions if anyone can help me with this?

I am looking at the jf 1:1 rolex daytona 116523 (I think that's the correct model?) Stainless/gold 2 tone with white dial 7750 from Ryan at intime watches, I have been in touch with him via email but not had some of my questions answered, I appreciate he is probably very busy...

ok, silly questions as follows:

Does the watch function as per the original, I.e: bottom dial is the seconds counter, chrono function top button = start/Stop and bottom button = reset?

if I were also to order the green Rolex presentation box with papers, would the paperwork be matched to the watch in terms of model, numbers etc? Or are they just generic copies?

Should I be satisfied with the answers and want to go ahead with the order, am I best to just do so through the intime website? Or do I instruct Ryan via email?

Roughly how long should I expect to wait from order to delivery? (To UK)

Have i made the best choice? Or is there a better model to go for in this price bracket?

any and all help very much appreciated.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
1/ Yes

2/ don't bother with the box, it's a waste of money

3/ website

4/ depends if the watch is in stock at the wholesalers. Once Ryan has the watch an average of a couple of weeks.

5/ That's about as good as a Daytona gets

Note: make sure you read the "care and feeding of 7750s" thread in the movement section of RWI BEFORE playing with your new watch

Tony_Stark

Horology Curious
12/11/18
UK
Excellent, exactly what I needed to hear.
I'm going to place the order right now!

Thank you so much for your help. ????

watchcraze3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
1/3/17
Canada
trailboss999 nailed it. Go ahead with that order if that's what you are after.

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
New member of the year, he does his research and then asks some specific questions! I tip my hat to you sir

Tony_Stark

Horology Curious
12/11/18
UK
Order placed, payment confirmed. 3-7 days for q.c pics and then it's the awful wait....

Once again, thanks for the help and advice.

Tony_Stark

Horology Curious
12/11/18
UK
So I've had the dreaded email to inform me that this model is sold out. I have also noticed that it has been removed from the website.

Back to square one. ????

barenia

Horology Curious
28/11/18
So I've had the dreaded email to inform me that this model is sold out. I have also noticed that it has been removed from the website.

Back to square one. ????

Is Ryan planning a restock? Otherwise I'd suggest looking into another factory/ model. Are you set on the two tone?

Tony_Stark

Horology Curious
12/11/18
UK
I really did love the look of that 2 tone, but came to realise how many compromises I was making to have that design.

Ryan has issued the refund and i have re-ordered this:

https://www.intime03.co/rollie/4639...edition-white-dial-on-ss-bracelet-sa4130.html

thickness is much better, still fully functional (no fake dials) and by all accounts a much better movement than the 7750.

I feel almost lucky that things panned out this way as I am a complete noob and am learning what's what, I feel in a better position to make a more informed decision now than I did a few weeks ago, thanks mostly to this forum!

I think I've got a much better watch, but as always your thoughts and opinions would be welcomed and valued.

Thanks.

Frankenhour

Looking Around
26/11/18
I have pre-ordered by intime the Daytona 116500 white Dial 904L and I'm really looking forward to it. Has she possibly already seen someone?

Rathfus

Horology Curious
18/1/19
How did everything pan out?
I'm in the same boat now as you were in November.
I know that I'd like the Noob Daytona 116500 with the 4130 movement but still hesitant about making the plunge.
I think most of my hesitation comes from the following:
1) I don't know enough about the watches to be able to judge QC photos myself
2) I'm nervous about customs and just sending money over seas and hoping something arrives and works