• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What to do after receiving your first rep watch

yngyzs

Horology Curious
13/5/17
So hi guys, I’m about to get my first watch from one of our TD’s. I bought a ARF daytona ( about 500€ )

My question is, as soon as I receive the watch, do I have to wind it up or anything like this? What not to do coz I don’t want the watch to explode on my wrist in case I do something wrong lol

Thanks in advance !

Sent from the RWI App

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Welcome friend. If I was in your shoes I would size the bracelet and wear it for an hour and be in awe of how good value it is. Then I’d take the bracelet off the head and give the bracelet a good clean. Get a zip lock bag and wash it in liquid soap. Rinse well then soak in wd40 in another ziplock bag. Then wash again. Get a children’s toothbrush and wash it thoroughly in every nook and cranny. Then take it to your local mall and get it waterproof tested. Reattach the bracelet and it will feel amazing

yngyzs

Horology Curious
13/5/17
Welcome friend. If I was in your shoes I would size the bracelet and wear it for an hour and be in awe of how good value it is. Then I’d take the bracelet off the head and give the bracelet a good clean. Get a zip lock bag and wash it in liquid soap. Rinse well then soak in wd40 in another ziplock bag. Then wash again. Get a children’s toothbrush and wash it thoroughly in every nook and cranny. Then take it to your local mall and get it waterproof tested. Reattach the bracelet and it will feel amazing

Thanks for the answer, I should get the watch waterproof tested right?

Let’s say it won’t be that waterproof, which I tend to expect, what’s the next step?

Sent from the RWI App

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Thanks for the answer, I should get the watch waterproof tested right?

Let’s say it won’t be that waterproof, which I tend to expect, what’s the next step?

Sent from the RWI App

Take it to a watch smith and ask them to grease the seals

234BUDs

22/7/17
Take it to a watch smith and ask them to grease the seals

Should you do this for every watch? Like my if v3 15400? Or the Daytona cause it's a sports watch as opposed to the Gen 15400 which is 5bar

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
Also have some read on your new watch before it arrives. Learn how it works, how you can use its' features, the pros and the cons of it.
Read some reviews, rep and gen. I think that any watch that not comes from a watchsmith, should be checked from one.

I would fully service any new watch if i could afford it. Instead, i do a carefull running in use and go for a check as soon as i can.

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17

I know lots of people use it but wd40 is so nasty. Rock n Roll chain lube line of products is so much nicer and works way way better than wd40.

Sent from the RWI App

yngyzs

Horology Curious
13/5/17
Alright, thanks for the answers guys.

Do i need to wind up something tho?

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
Alright, thanks for the answers guys.

Do i need to wind up something tho?

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Yes, you just need to stop at any time you feel it too heany to wind. Poor lubricate, or most commonly, too much of it will use any dust - dirt
inside and create effects.
Temperature will help in minor fixies, i recoment some sun expore before an attempt to full wind. I wear mine a couple of hours and wind few
rounds many times in the day. Full winding happens from 9th to 15th day of using, at least with mine, gen or rep.

have in mind; no crown should be rotated while its been weared. :indeed:
rotor will help in winding, for sure. Its not magic, need to been weared.
If you like to wind it using the rotor, close it inside your fist and knock it with the palm of the other hand.
You will hear the spinning, knock again when stops.

Chez

Horology Curious
14/8/18
Daft question maybe but does a new rep from a TD come with instructions? For example winding and crown settings for adjusting time/date etc.like the poster I'm a wee bit nervous about being over zealous when I receive my impending first rep