• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Customs in the UK advise

Rigondeaux

Horology Curious
2/9/18
U.K.
To my fellow UK enthusiasts, I was curious to hear your experiences with customs ordering from the TDs.

If you could be so kind to advise the courier company / TD(s) used as well as your invidivual success rates, as recently I've been struggling with their nonsense.

Regards!

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
U.K. customs are basically the safest you’re gonna find in the world when you’re shipping small packages containing 1-2 watches.

You won’t have a problem. If you do (which you won’t), the TD will replace the watch. So you don’t have anything to worry about.

Use any TD.

They will advise the best shipping method.

Most (if not all) advise EMS. It takes around 5 working days.

It’s best to keep the package small, so only ship 1-2 watches at a time.

A large package (with the usual low declared value), containing, I don’t know, a jacket, a hand bag and a watch, is asking to be taxed but a single watch is virtually zero risk to the buyer.

Champsy

15/4/18
UK
Not quite sure about the safest in the world but certainly I’ve had rarely any problems receiving parcels from WW not just Asia.

It’s them NL customs you want to watch, apparently they can remove a tracking number from there system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rigondeaux

Horology Curious
2/9/18
U.K.
U.K. customs are basically the safest you’re gonna find in the world when you’re shipping small packages containing 1-2 watches.

You won’t have a problem. If you do (which you won’t), the TD will replace the watch. So you don’t have anything to worry about.

Use any TD.

They will advise the best shipping method.

Most (if not all) advise EMS. It takes around 5 working days.

It’s best to keep the package small, so only ship 1-2 watches at a time.

A large package (with the usual low declared value), containing, I don’t know, a jacket, a hand bag and a watch, is asking to be taxed but a single watch is virtually zero risk to the buyer.

This actually makes perfect sense and I feel quite silly for not realizing this earlier that this would only be the case for my larger orders.
Would it be possible for the TDs to ship out large orders separately? Obviously at a higher shipping cost but it would save the troubles of customs I'd believe.

Rigondeaux

Horology Curious
2/9/18
U.K.
Not quite sure about the safest in the world but certainly I’ve had rarely any problems receiving parcels from WW not just Asia.

It’s them NL customs you want to watch, apparently they can remove a tracking number from there system.

I've heard most of the companies use UK triangle shipping as their preferred choice so this would give me reason to believe the UK is probably the best port of call, which was the reason for my post because I usually never have problems with shipment complications.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Watches ordered: 18
Success rate: 100%
Shipping method used: Whatever the TD decides.

Reactions: Champsy

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
10 watches every week, no problems for me

Sometimes they open packages, seal them back up and send them to you

Except DHL will charge £30/£40 in charges if they open it. So don't use DHL

UK customs do not care about watches and are not trained to know anything about them, they only care about narcotics and hazardous goods things like that
However if they saw a huge box full of crappy Louis Vuitton handbags they might look into it.

This come from a customs agent I dated that I met on tinder, who also owned a fake handbag haha

Reactions: xray7 and Basket491

Bigozuk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/19
If customs did stop the parcel due to the legality of the watch being purchased is there any risk of the buyer getting into a bit of trouble? potential fine or worse?

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
I had one of my watches pulled by Customs UK because the sender stated a high value. As a result any other watches for me were flagged up and pulled. The customs officers raised a bill based on the deceleration of the value and would not release it until it was paid. However another two watches with low value slipped through, so no charges for them. The lesson learned from this for senders is to give a low value and declare it as a dress watch (that covers all of them).

tim03

Known Member
8/1/19
United Kingdom
I’ve also had a 100% success rate on TD shipping to the UK. Something I learned early on is to not get paranoid about arrival at UK customsand any delays, sometime the ‘broken English’ of the Chinese courier websites can give you some strange translations which make you believe something is up!!!

owk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/18
I mean there are some watch sellers who have their drop shippers in the UK.. this means it is very safe. I ordered my watch that way.