• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Little insight as to how it all works

djanuj

Horology Curious
25/3/13
Great stuff to read through, put everything into perspective.. New member btw, so i don't know who Robert was, but may he rest in peace!

He is the thread starter and was a nice Trusted Dealer. He was suppose to start a new factory in India after collaborating with Indian Rep producer. I am from India so was pretty happy after reading the news. However unfortunately Robert passed away few days later. So the dream of Indian Factory crashed down hard. Still May his Soul Rest in Peace.

Leigh Bresnahan

Horology Curious
21/7/15
Well that answed a lot of questions for me, Placed my first rep watch order on Monday and couldnt understand how it takes a week to send QC photos when the website stated the item was "In stock"

Prado25

Known Member
27/7/15
I regret I came too late to thank him for this very informative post. I could visualize the unmarked back-alley garages with three or four hard working non-descript laborers hunched over their workbenches patiently and meticulously assembling timepieces while a fourth or fifth person sits in a dark corner at an old time-worn desk responding to customer queries in whichever manner is available to him as the QC manager, Customer Service rep, Production manager and or Sales manager, depending on the nature of the query.

I'm sure it's not always this dreary, but it's the picture I got while reading this excellent summary of how the rep watch industry works.

mskiy123

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/5/16
He is the thread starter and was a nice Trusted Dealer. He was suppose to start a new factory in India after collaborating with Indian Rep producer. I am from India so was pretty happy after reading the news. However unfortunately Robert passed away few days later. So the dream of Indian Factory crashed down hard. Still May his Soul Rest in Peace.
sad.

I think this shoudl be updated to the current state of the industry. Ive seen TrustyTime doing this, but they are not as insightful as this. Could we emplore someone from the current TD list to update this for current time?

djanuj

Horology Curious
25/3/13
sad.

I think this shoudl be updated to the current state of the industry. Ive seen TrustyTime doing this, but they are not as insightful as this. Could we emplore someone from the current TD list to update this for current time?
I know. It's sad. Well we do have other TD's here so well.

mskiy123

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/5/16
yes. I know, but I am hoping that someone else on the TD list update to what is going on now?