• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Little insight as to how it all works

Obewan

Horology Curious
14/8/13
Thanks Tommy Boy,
I'm still finding my way around this site.... now you've given me the opportunity to spend many more hours in this new area of the site !
I did find a useful (to me !) book published by a bloke called Richard Brown "Replica watch report" but it's latest publication was in 2004. As a total noobie I found it useful just to get familiar with some of the technical terms of watches in general. It's on Google books and you can read a fair amount of it online for free.
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=RXml7jMZdSAC&lpg=PP1&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q&f=false

Your avatar, was that Mike Nelson ?

sunnyserena

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/3/14
hmmm I think the inside info is good and really enjoyable to read about.
That answered a lot of questions thanks.
I enjoy buying cheap/good fake brand items
I saw a site from youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0-lkl9TzsU sell high replicas and it is very hot in forums, any one bought…

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Don't you even THINK of crapping on this thread with your spam arsewipe.

and_stay_out_squirrel.jpg

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Why not banned yet?

Well that was ironic.

BUMP for a very informative thread here. Great for everyone to read before ordering a watch and having realistic expectatations.

"You need to realize that watch or dealers in any other item are never going to be as enthusiastic as you are buying one watch for the 1st time and can't possibly know all things about all items they sell in the case of how close to gen is it"

We still miss Robert, one of the all-time greats.

Masito

Horology Curious
18/3/15
Great stuff to read through, put everything into perspective.. New member btw, so i don't know who Robert was, but may he rest in peace!