• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Little insight as to how it all works

jotun0881

Looking Around
21/12/12
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and trying to read up on basic information. This post helped a lot and I hope I can ask a relevant, if fairly basic question, that goes with the flow of the post.

I am looking to purchase an IWC replica but I've done research and the 7750 movement seems unreliable with the seconds @6 o'clock. So can't buy that one and must go quartz if I want that watch.

Now, to this purpose, and in the greater scheme of things, the question is:

Is the movement the only major 'responsible' for the cost difference? (quartz - 75$, 7750 - 318$). In other words, does a lower priced movement also go with less quality craftsmanship - what else is in the price difference ?

Thank you in advance.

Fiddo

-----
Gold Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and trying to read up on basic information. This post helped a lot and I hope I can ask a relevant, if fairly basic question, that goes with the flow of the post.

I am looking to purchase an IWC replica but I've done research and the 7750 movement seems unreliable with the seconds @6 o'clock. So can't buy that one and must go quartz if I want that watch.

Now, to this purpose, and in the greater scheme of things, the question is:

Is the movement the only major 'responsible' for the cost difference? (quartz - 75$, 7750 - 318$). In other words, does a lower priced movement also go with less quality craftsmanship - what else is in the price difference ?

Thank you in advance.

In some cases the price can be driven by a lower quality case, a mineral crystal as opposed to the sapphire crystal etc.. Ask your question in the IWC section------------> http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/forumdisplay.php/iwc-international-watch-55 Someone with more specific knowledge of the model your looking for may be able to provide better information.

clevelandy

Known Member
4/3/13
Thank you to the mods for keeping this type of post up. Gaining this type if insight is helpful, realizing that our knowledge and passion can live on is kinda a sobering reminder.

dimko61

Horology Curious
8/2/13
thanks for all the great input!
This is grate insight to why things are the way they are.

it's great info for a beginner like myself.

smooth0

Looking Around
15/4/13
Awesome Post

Thanks Robert you really answered questions well.
Can you help me find where to post for WTB?
I have been emailing dealers but no luck.
Chris

phillycheez

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/6/09
Knowing how Robert would handle such a question he's probably rolling in his grave right now.

fe22ari

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/11
Robert was a good guy, sadly missed.

Soppy post, never met him.

Sent using The Force

Obewan

Horology Curious
14/8/13
Fantastic information, this is what I love about this site, people are so generous to share their knowledge. Though I have spent most of the weekend on here and spent a few thousand on watches (in my imagination !) I am still struggling with the technical stuff and I wondered if there was a posting or document which described things like the different movements, 7750/2836, 21j, ETA, cloned ETA, etc.
Thanks in advance.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Fantastic information, this is what I love about this site, people are so generous to share their knowledge. Though I have spent most of the weekend on here and spent a few thousand on watches (in my imagination !) I am still struggling with the technical stuff and I wondered if there was a posting or document which described things like the different movements, 7750/2836, 21j, ETA, cloned ETA, etc.
Thanks in advance.

We have a subforum for you: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/forumdisplay.php/movements-61