• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Credit card problems.

Billybilly

Horology Curious
5/4/18
I've been trying to buy a watch for over a week using 3 different credit cards (visa and mastercard) from 2 different people (me and my girlfriend) but the payment is always declined.

We

Billybilly

Horology Curious
5/4/18
Sorry I can't seem to edit on mobile.

So I'm trying to by from puretime.io and the payment won't go through. We both have plenty on our accounts. I've even called my bank to make sure there wasn't any "protection" in place that would be stopping me from paying. They told me there was nothing.

What to do? Should I chose a different TD?

I've never had trouble buying online in the past.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
It's because you are purchasing from a site in China - it is being blocked, despite what your bank says.. You need to tell your bank the amount of the transaction and when you'll be placing the order so they can let it go through.

zexynova

Renowned Member
27/12/15
It's because you are purchasing from a site in China - it is being blocked, despite what your bank says.. You need to tell your bank the amount of the transaction and when you'll be placing the order so they can let it go through.

Yup. you have to inform your bank that you will be purchasing something from China. As banks put china as FLAGGED for credit card fraud

Billybilly

Horology Curious
5/4/18
Ok so I called my bank a second time, and they repeated that nothing was blocked on their end.

After insisting, the lady said it might be visa, so she put me on hold and, according to her, called up visa to ask what was going on.

So apparently yes, visa was blocking me. Apparently because there was a sucpisous charge trying to be made with a certain website... And then she gave me the first few letters of the website, which I did not recognize at all, which got me sucpisous. I asked her for the amount it was trying to be charged for, and she said she didn't ask visa.

Anyhow I asked for her to tell visa to unblock it. It should work now.

I'm pretty sure she was bullshitng me with the name of the website, aftwards she tried her best to discourage me from unblocking my card. I told her to fuck off (politely) and she tried her best to try and scare me like: "they've stolen your card info and have tried to use it, that's what visa said. If you unblock your card and someone makes fraudulent charges then you won't be reimbursed (which is bullshit btw) since you authorized it.

I'll stop rambling now. Thanks for the reply.
And btw puretime don't take pp. They don't even take direct money transfers/western Union since jan/2018.

obamayomama

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/18
Another option is using Western Union, via their app for example, and then use the credit card to pay. There is a WU fee but TDs usually offer a WU discount which covers it. No chance of a credit card decline this way.

Willy Wonka

Looking Around
17/9/18
Call your CC company and tell them who the order is with, they're probably detecting it as fraud. There's also a secure feature CC companies use, you'll have to Google for that or call your CC company, but you enter a password for web transactions, it may seem like a hassle, but it can help you avoid such things as being turned down.