• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bought a replicla arrived well but suddenly not moving

kiskipuich

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/12/17
Hi I bought a hublot the watch looks wonderful but suddenly stopped like forever, it is not moving at all not anymore I tried winding moving the crown etc nothing...so I am trying to solve the issue with the dealer I will not say the name until the issue is solved. Anyway my question is what happens in these cases? I just return the watch and it’s replaced? It was a near 500 dollars for the watch so the money is an important quantity. The dealer is a trusted dealer.

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
Sometimes a good smack will fix these Asian movements

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
This can happen from time to time. It’s a fake watch. Not the TD fault. They don’t manufacture the watch.

If you decide to ship back to China, the TD will get it repaired and sent back to you.

But the whole process is very Very slow. You could be waiting many months to get your watch back. You will also be liable if Chinese customs confiscated your inbound parcel.

It is generally best to use a forum watch Smith to fully service your watch and ask TD for a discount on your next order.

Reactions: Rx4Time

kiskipuich

8/12/17
This can happen from time to time. It’s a fake watch. Not the TD fault. They don’t manufacture the watch.

If you decide to ship back to China, the TD will get it repaired and sent back to you.

But the whole process is very Very slow. You could be waiting many months to get your watch back. You will also be liable if Chinese customs confiscated your inbound parcel.

It is generally best to use a forum watch Smith to fully service your watch and ask TD for a discount on your next order.
Thanks for the reply
its common that Chinese customs confiscate the watch??
ps I didn’t even imply that was the dealers Fault. And we all know it is a fake watch (^_^)

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Thanks for the reply
its common that Chinese customs confiscate the watch??
ps I didn’t even imply that was the dealers Fault. And we all know it is a fake watch (^_^)

At least one member had his watch confiscated by Chinese customs. Another member had his watch “lost” somewhere between the postal system and the dealer.

I don’t know how common “lost in post” is in China but it’s a risk.

What watch and movement is it?

Also, it is unlikely that the TD will fully service the watch.

Chances are they will just locally repair the fault (minor service in a warehouse). Who know, maybe in a few weeks the same problem persists? That’s why it’s best to fully service a potentially problematic movement.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
What does the TD say?....Shipping back to CN usually is a disaster, high cost for shipping and twice customrisk...I would not go that way. Maybe take it to a local watchsmith who is repfriendly and when he can repair it, ask the dealer to refund the repair...he will not be too happy, but it could be a solution and save you both shipping and risk?

Reactions: kiskipuich

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
ship it back to china with EMS. Its a bit more exy but they will receive it in 3-4 days. Then approx 1 week to fix and they should ship it back to you via EMS as well. I've shipped many watches back to china with zero issues and quite fast turnaround (2-3 weeks end to end).

kiskipuich

8/12/17
ship it back to china with EMS. Its a bit more exy but they will receive it in 3-4 days. Then approx 1 week to fix and they should ship it back to you via EMS as well. I've shipped many watches back to china with zero issues and quite fast turnaround (2-3 weeks end to end).

I think I ll do that as its Saturday already ady Im going to have to wait until Monday to get a reply from the seller; it’s hard not to br frustrated... thank you all !
aboutnon working reps did you have issueswith some watches in the past too? They just repair them or exchange them??

PlanetZoom

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/16
USA
I think I ll do that as its Saturday already ady Im going to have to wait until Monday to get a reply from the seller; it’s hard not to br frustrated... thank you all !
aboutnon working reps did you have issueswith some watches in the past too? They just repair them or exchange them??

You can ask the dealer. I believe they typically send them back to the factory to get fixed. That is happened to watches I've ordered that did not pass the dealer's QA.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
I think most of us who own several reps have had some kind of issue....It's part of this game. When I can't "repair" it myself(not being a watchmaker), I always try to get it fixed locally as I have had bad experiences shipping back to CN.
TD's will most likely repair when possible as the cost are zero for repair tp them. Exchange only with cheaper mvt's or when parts are not available.

Reactions: zexynova

zexynova

Renowned Member
27/12/15
If possible....always try to find a local trusty watchsmith who is willing to service reps.....that way u can service your reps and get them repaired conveniently when an issues occurs. Will be a tough finding and searching....but once u r a regular....things get easy.
It might be an easy fix.....in some cases. instead of sending all the way back to China.

bigdaddyhps

23/4/17
Bought 2 Noob Explorer II last year. The one I gave the wife is amazing and has a power reserve like no tomorrow. The other would stop from time to time. I had to have it tweaked to function properly. Are there any guys doing repairs/mods on the form anymore?

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Bought 2 Noob Explorer II last year. The one I gave the wife is amazing and has a power reserve like no tomorrow. The other would stop from time to time. I had to have it tweaked to function properly. Are there any guys doing repairs/mods on the form anymore?

Did you ever check the frontpage of RWI.....techsection.

kiskipuich

8/12/17
Latest news I sent the watch back now awaiting the watch to arrive there I ll keep you posted thank you all!its gonna be a long journey I have the feeling...

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Sending back top China = braver man than I
Always best to eat the loss and have it serviced somewhere else.

kiskipuich

8/12/17
Oh I sent it back because in Japan noone touches replicas tehy are too pussy to just fix a watch!

kiskipuich

8/12/17
OK
i finally receive the watch repaired and working perfectly.
so it was
1-watch bought
1-watch sent
3 watch received( it took 7 days to arrive aprox
4 watch stopped working
5 comunicated to the dealer
6 sent watch back
7-after a long time waiting from june 18 till aug 2aprox finally the watch got it my hands!!!

llvicente1023

31/8/17
OK
i finally receive the watch repaired and working perfectly.
so it was
1-watch bought
1-watch sent
3 watch received( it took 7 days to arrive aprox
4 watch stopped working
5 comunicated to the dealer
6 sent watch back
7-after a long time waiting from june 18 till aug 2aprox finally the watch got it my hands!!!

What happens if watch get seized after td repaired?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiskipuich

8/12/17
Oh I forgot!!!
the watch got returned in hong kong so the dealer received it back and then sent it to me again.
If get seized by customs( they should be seizing drugs instead btw)
I think you lose it..