• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Compete noobs guide to buying you FIRST Rep.

Martin076

Looking Around
14/10/19
Man thank you i'm looking for a good rep for a long time but never understood how to order and to do it as safe as possible. Really helpfull!

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Man thank you i'm looking for a good rep for a long time but never understood how to order and to do it as safe as possible. Really helpfull!

Hello and :welcome:

Take it slow and do some ready before jumping to an order, you will not regret being a little patient :D

Do you have a particular rep in mind?

Reactions: Ponky23

RepGame_ethuist

Looking Around
24/11/20
Hi all, this is a noob joining the forum, did my researches and saw the point number 3 as do not order from website, but after talking several convesation with someone from TD, the dealer asked me to order my watch from Website.
I asked her to clarified by showing the sticky post. But the page is legit and shall I order from the page or via her?
Sorry if this question seems noob but I am indeed a newbie here.

Cheers.

Jmorgan92

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/10/20
Great guide - straight to the point! people need to read this more!

jp13abk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/8/22
Since I've seen many issues on the matter I thought I'd put together a liitle buying guide.

These few little steps will insure a much smoother transaction and happy customers all around.

1) Look around and find the watch you want. Check out ALL the trusted dealers websites and ask some questions. "who has the best xxxxxx" is not a very good question. Think about that one.

2) Choose a dealer. This is also a difficult to do but a lot of good info is located in the dealer review section found on the main page.

3) DO NOT ORDER FROM THE WEBSITE. This is were a lot of noobs get into trouble as the rep game changes daily and a lot of watches are no longer produced and are still on thier websites or there are better versions out there that can be sourced.

4) E-mail the dealer and ask them to source the watch for you. Most dealers don't like to do this but if you ask if the particular model is still available most will comply with your request.

5) Once the dealer gets back to you with availability, THEN AND ONLY THEN should talk of a money exchange be made.

6) BEFORE PAYMENT IS MADE request QC (quality control) pictures of your watch.

(Ok to clear this up.....in simple terms)

Ask for qc pictures before you pay. Pay once he agrees.

Don't demand to see them before you pay, just get the dealer to say he will send them before he ships the watch.

Dealers will want your money first as they do not want to be out of pocket if you decide that the rep game isn't for you. This is a VERY reasonable request due to your "noobiness". Think about if you were in there shoes. Nobody wants to be out of pocket including them. Almost no dealers carry stock of the watches listed on their websites especially of less popular reps. Once you have established a good relationship with a dealer this is not an unreasonable request.

7) Pay the man. However you agreed to.

8) You should get some sort of confirmation that the product is in hand and pictures of said watch. Make sure these pictures are not "stock" photos and prompty send your confirmation on the watch. This is great time to ask for a tracking number.

Side note: most reps are sent EMS and there tracking system is not the best. Check YOUR postal service ie. USPS website for tracking updates. The tracking information will show up a few days after the parcel is sent.

9) Wait. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP. Keep in mind that up to this point you are are looking at a minimum of a week and MANY e-mails to get this point. Wait patiently, Shipping can take from a week up to several.

Don't be concerned with "item is being inspected at customs" ect. ALL packages will be inspected by customs. Not many are truly inspected and our dealers are very good at describing the contents of these packages so not to attract attention.

Enjoy your watch, AND POST SOME DAMN PICTURES ONCE IT ARRIVES!!! ;)

@scottiedog Thank you to all involved for the step-by-step breakdown, it's a massive help for noobs.

Regarding step 8) You should get some sort of confirmation that the product is in hand and pictures of said watch. Make sure these pictures are not "stock" photos and prompty send your confirmation on the watch. This is great time to ask for a tracking number.

How can we check that the QC pictures provided are not "stock" photos?

Many thanks.

HerbD

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/7/22
Pie County
I’m going to buying from either TrustyTime or the M2M on here for my next watch. Both equally as safe from what I’ve seen and read.

Thanks for the thread and beltin post!

Feefo

More hoarding, less regrets.
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
I don't get it, I ordered a watch and the TD said the watch was being made.

Is this normal?

Also it's been 16 days since I paid and no QC pics.

How much longer should I wait 2 more weeks?
Depending on the watch/factory or other X circumstances it is possible to wait even much more than that. What did you order?

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
@erockz FFS, posting this in 1 thread is enough! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Depending on the watch/factory or other X circumstances it is possible to wait even much more than that. What did you order?
He plasters this question all over the place and doesn't even give any details. 😂🤦

Unbelievable. 🙄

PS: And what Feefo says is absolutely correct, of course. Waiting time of 16 days is NOTHING! 😁

Last edited:

erockz

Known Member
7/4/21
He plasters this question all over the place and doesn't even give any details. 😂🤦

Unbelievable. 🙄

PS: And what Feefo says is absolutely correct, of course. Waiting time of 16 days is NOTHING! 😁
I thought it this was the noobs guide?

I ordered a AP millenary watch ....

How much is time is "much more time" to wait?

Is my watch really being made somewhere?

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country

I ordered a AP millenary watch ....

How much is time is "much more time" to wait?

Is my watch really being made somewhere?
I'm always puzzled about your posts. You've been here since 2021 and I have no idea what you've learned since then.

erockz

Known Member
7/4/21
I'm always puzzled about your posts. You've been here since 2021 and I have no idea what you've learned since then.
I wanted to but the millenary watch back then but never did now it's not evenade anymore by a gen

So now I'm trying to get one, just wonder if 16 days is to long and at what time should I ask for a refund.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Yes, it is. And actually that is why this upsets me. It shows total disregard for @Feefo's and my time. We do this as a hobby, as volunteers. We do this free of any compensation and we don't want any. What we want is folks to be considerate, respectful, reasonable and to be cooperative at least a little bit.

By deliberately posting the exact same question in two seperate threads, like 10 minutes apart, you mastered to get the only two noob guides engaged seperately at the same time in two threads, answering the exact same question. You created an act of unnecessary redundancy... A small incident by itself, but imagine if everyone did that.

That's just effin' disrespectful of our work. But, oh well, like @BMW760 correctly stated, you didn't learn anything in two years of membership, why should you now? My rants trying to get a message across to you are probably just the equivalent of...

season 13 GIF

So why even bother? 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Feefo

Len

Len
1/11/23
I’m totally new to this. Haven’t even become a paid member yet. Do I have to become a paid member to participate here or get mod assistance in the event I need help with a TD purchase? And when you go to the TD section, most are identities with the red box NEW. Does that mean they are relatively new TDs as opposed to ones with long track record?

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I’m totally new to this. Haven’t even become a paid member yet. Do I have to become a paid member to participate here or get mod assistance in the event I need help with a TD purchase? And when you go to the TD section, most are identities with the red box NEW. Does that mean they are relatively new TDs as opposed to ones with long track record?
If you take the time to read this thread along with others, all your questions will be answered.