• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Compete noobs guide to buying you FIRST Rep.

dumo

Horology Curious
11/11/16
So in short everything goes by email and not by webstore

thanks for the guide

Keith Griffin

Horology Curious
22/1/17
does anyone know if noob v7 asian sub bracelet is interchangable with genuine and which ones fit

Haccf

12/12/16
Thank you so much for this guide!

To OP and to the brain-trust on RWI: What is the recommended process for edge cases such as:

1. TD informs that watch is available but, after payment, it turns out it isn't actually. Can one ask for and get a full refund?

2. The QC pictures reveal issues with the watch that were clearly not there in the pics on the TD site, and the issue persists across multiple samples (say, wrong colour dial or datewheel). Can one ask for and get a full refund?

Thanks!

i like portholes (and i cannot lie)

k2efy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/17
I seem not able to get them to send QC pictures 1st.only tried two TD at mo.

angelo formaggi

Horology Curious
12/12/16
Since I've seen many issues on the matter I thought I'd put together a liitle buying guide.

These few little steps will insure a much smoother transaction and happy customers all around.

1) Look around and find the watch you want. Check out ALL the trusted dealers websites and ask some questions. "who has the best xxxxxx" is not a very good question. Think about that one.

2) Choose a dealer. This is also a difficult to do but a lot of good info is located in the dealer review section found on the main page.

3) DO NOT ORDER FROM THE WEBSITE. This is were a lot of noobs get into trouble as the rep game changes daily and a lot of watches are no longer produced and are still on thier websites or there are better versions out there that can be sourced.

4) E-mail the dealer and ask them to source the watch for you. Most dealers don't like to do this but if you ask if the particular model is still available most will comply with your request.

5) Once the dealer gets back to you with availability, THEN AND ONLY THEN should talk of a money exchange be made.

6) BEFORE PAYMENT IS MADE request QC (quality control) pictures of your watch.

(Ok to clear this up.....in simple terms)

Ask for qc pictures before you pay. Pay once he agrees.

Don't demand to see them before you pay, just get the dealer to say he will send them before he ships the watch.

Dealers will want your money first as they do not want to be out of pocket if you decide that the rep game isn't for you. This is a VERY reasonable request due to your "noobiness". Think about if you were in there shoes. Nobody wants to be out of pocket including them. Almost no dealers carry stock of the watches listed on their websites especially of less popular reps. Once you have established a good relationship with a dealer this is not an unreasonable request.

7) Pay the man. However you agreed to.

8) You should get some sort of confirmation that the product is in hand and pictures of said watch. Make sure these pictures are not "stock" photos and prompty send your confirmation on the watch. This is great time to ask for a tracking number.

Side note: most reps are sent EMS and there tracking system is not the best. Check YOUR postal service ie. USPS website for tracking updates. The tracking information will show up a few days after the parcel is sent.

9) Wait. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP. Keep in mind that up to this point you are are looking at a minimum of a week and MANY e-mails to get this point. Wait patiently, Shipping can take from a week up to several.

Don't be concerned with "item is being inspected at customs" ect. ALL packages will be inspected by customs. Not many are truly inspected and our dealers are very good at describing the contents of these packages so not to attract attention.

Enjoy your watch, AND POST SOME DAMN PICTURES ONCE IT ARRIVES!!! ;)

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Reactions: Outoftime4

Maxsky

6/3/12

You pay and then you get your QC ! Not the other way...

Every TD work this way. I recommend you reading more on the basic guides you will find everywhere on this forum.

A must that every newbie should do.

k2efy

12/2/17
) BEFORE PAYMENT IS MADE request QC (quality control) pictures of your watch.

Ask for qc pictures before you pay. Pay once he

This is what i also read in the guide

k2efy

12/2/17
That's why i asked.this is from the buyer guide what i read.

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15

) BEFORE PAYMENT IS MADE request QC (quality control) pictures of your watch.

Ask for qc pictures before you pay. Pay once he

This is what i also read in the guide

That's why i asked.this is from the buyer guide what i read.

See the second post.

Animalprime

Looking Around
3/3/17
Just went through my first purchase last week waiting in delivery. But I do wonder if anyone has a specific approach to reviewing QC pics. There are a lot of elements in each watch and I'm wondering if there are specific things you look for or a systematic approach to review (like reading an ekg or something)

Sent from the RWI mobile app

hor3pob

31/7/17
Thanks a lot for a thread like this ^^ Especially for me as a newbie this thread was extremely helpfull to giain some general understanding about the Ordering process and buying replicas in general :)

D

d4m.test

Just a little question, how you contact TD ? Im sorry but i ask this question a lot of times and no responses.

Members told me to contact TD on this forum but where ? For exemple, Toro bravos has 2 forums here so i just need to write a topic ? I need to contact them in Private (where so ? ) or by email (what it ths email i search i see nothing)

I contacted toro bravo directly on the site and i talk with him but it's very pragmatic .. I Think he's very busy and doesnt give a lot of informations. It's my first purchase and im a little lost -_-

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Just a little question, how you contact TD ? Im sorry but i ask this question a lot of times and no responses.

Members told me to contact TD on this forum but where ? For exemple, Toro bravos has 2 forums here so i just need to write a topic ? I need to contact them in Private (where so ? ) or by email (what it ths email i search i see nothing)

I contacted toro bravo directly on the site and i talk with him but it's very pragmatic .. I Think he's very busy and doesnt give a lot of informations. It's my first purchase and im a little lost -_-

You send them a PM or send an email to them. TDs are certainly very busy as they have more than one customer that they are handling at any given time.

D

d4m.test

I'm liking these hand holds. Like long strolls on the beach with a rep at the end of it all.