• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Compete noobs guide to buying you FIRST Rep.

jlla84

Known Member
28/12/12
so i paid once agreed on terms, then was supposed to receive QC pics, did i do it wrong? because its been 10 hours and haven't received anything yet!

Mike1212

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/12
so i paid once agreed on terms, then was supposed to receive QC pics, did i do it wrong? because its been 10 hours and haven't received anything yet!

From what I have read it can take a couple of days for the td to get your watch from the cartel. This isnt like buying from amazon I think you just have to be patient.

I am sure if I am wrong someone will be over to correct me.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
From what I have read it can take a couple of days for the td to get your watch from the cartel. This isnt like buying from amazon I think you just have to be patient.

I am sure if I am wrong someone will be over to correct me.

That's right. If he agreed to send QC pics, he will.

jlla84

Known Member
28/12/12
whats the expected wait time on shipping from china to US.... i read that it can take weeks to ship where as some threads of members say they ordered it and 4 days later it arrived...

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Really depends on YOUR country's customs. Here in Canada, I've got a watch in less than a week and others have taken six. I personally refuse to check tracking for a month. When it shows it's kind of a surprise. ;)

Perspex

Horology Curious
23/3/13
Yes, this was really helpful to read before considering my first rep purchase. I feel like I not only know the proper way to go about it, but what my expectations should be throughout the process. A+

jumbo9

Horology Curious
27/5/14
Canada
Excellent guide, very useful! just one question, what does it mean in point #4 to "E-mail the dealer and ask them to source the watch for you"?

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Excellent guide, very useful! just one question, what does it mean in point #4 to "E-mail the dealer and ask them to source the watch for you"?

Sure jumbo, I personally send a picture of the replica I want to the dealer via email and ask them if they can get it and how much. Simple really. ;)

tynir

Looking Around
3/8/14
Thanks for the faq, I read somewhere that sometimes customs will seize the watch. What usually happens then?

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
I think most dealers will just ship you another watch if it gets seized. but getting seized is pretty rare. I wouldn't worry.

cooper

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/8/14
I just wanted to know why you still have some TD's listed as "TD" when they are not active anymore and does not respond to emails, their website is down and nonfunctioning. How are we suppose to trust YOU when you can't keep good track of the TD?

JeffSpicoli

8/4/15
Good information. It's a bit like the old days of mail order. You fill out the form, put it in an envelope with a check and wait, wait, wait for your catalog goods to arrive. Forces us to trust a little more than the internet typically permits these days.

laneyk23

28/6/15
Good information mate. I am in the M2M section for the time being with my fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

daigabill

Horology Curious
19/3/15
Thank you for the write up

Huge step towards my first rep

???? Tapatalk ? E6883 ??

iang27

4/12/15
UK
Great info for a noob like me. I am from the UK and am soon to order a Sub and there are lots of options, versions, movements etc so I need to research that as some movements appear to be better than others.
Looking through some stickys it sounds like a few TD's (Puretime, In Time) ship to their UK contact who forwards it on to you which seems a safer option regarding customs etc.