• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A Forum is a terrible thing to waste! Dhgate, a lesson for new and old members!

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Banned! lol

4b8de273.jpg

LoL..who the heck was that guy. Just another one post wonder I guess
surprised-015.gif

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
Dammit! What'd I miss?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

choltz90

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/1/12
It is good to know that RWI is one legit place to buy reps, especially for new members. Then net as you say is loaded with scammers. Although as you also point out I have bought reps from trusted dealers and some have been better than others. Nature of the beast I suppose.

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
I was looking for tho thread before!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

platnumn

1/12/11
IF you are to venture outside a trusted seller on one of the forums, it would help to have references of good experience.

For example, my cousin really wanted a cheap 21J AP Survivor, which NONE of the dealers have at the moment.

I found the watch on the website Alixexpress, which in no doubt is very similar to Alibaba, etc. I read about someone having a good experience and I took the shot for him. And the result was fantastic:

mubameda.jpg

So the lesson is that if you're gonna venture out of bounds, you best have a guide and know you're taking a risk.

ressmeplz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/12/12
It is good to know that RWI is one legit place to buy reps, especially for new members. Then net as you say is loaded with scammers.

Totally agree!

Tnx so much :cheers: ;)

mlopez2004

Horology Curious
14/11/15
Lots of good information for me as a noob to the rep game. Much appreciated. I'll keep reading through the site before making a purchase.

ThePapabear71

29/11/15
Thank´s for doing something like this! Should be a mandatory read for every new registered member (then i would have found it much earlier) to get them on the right way (altough i think they are/should be when registered here).
So, people get it right before the eyes: greed eats brain = no good intention to buy anything!

Alcander

19/6/13
Something to keep in mind. Thank you for this great work.

Enviado desde mi SM-N9005 mediante Tapatalk

21spike0

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/4/16
Top quality post. I have also been tempted by some of the 'Too good to be true sites' and were it not for the fact that I stumbled upon RWI there is no doubt I also would have had my pants down by some scammer

daloatf

Renowned Member
4/8/15
Good thread. Stick to the td's, but you can find Ok stuff. But the td's should have that to. So no reason to buy from aliexpress or dhgate

- Dave

Truman

Looking Around
14/4/14
I totally agree with author's opinion about bad replicas from dhgate and aliexpress. But, I have really bad experience with one of trusted dealers from this forum as well. I paid approximately 120$ for the Rolex Submariner replica more than a year ago. I did not expect to receive something unique or extraordinary for that money, but since I was a freshman on this forum I thought I should receive at least some normal quality replica watch. What I received was exactly 30$ replica from aliexpress, horrible quality, it literally felt apart. I do not want to tarnish this dealers name, since the problem has been solved under my satisfaction, however this experience was not really good. I have not tried to buy from other dealers, but I am pretty sure that some of them sell overpriced watches that you can easily buy elsewhere (dhgate, aliexpress) for half of price, but on these websites you will get buyers protection as bonus.
Dont get me wrong, guys. This is only my opinion and I am not trying to convince nobody to not buy from trusted dealers.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I totally agree with author's opinion about bad replicas from dhgate and aliexpress. But, I have really bad experience with one of trusted dealers from this forum as well. I paid approximately 120$ for the Rolex Submariner replica more than a year ago. I did not expect to receive something unique or extraordinary for that money, but since I was a freshman on this forum I thought I should receive at least some normal quality replica watch. What I received was exactly 30$ replica from aliexpress, horrible quality, it literally felt apart. I do not want to tarnish this dealers name, since the problem has been solved under my satisfaction, however this experience was not really good. I have not tried to buy from other dealers, but I am pretty sure that some of them sell overpriced watches that you can easily buy elsewhere (dhgate, aliexpress) for half of price, but on these websites you will get buyers protection as bonus.
Dont get me wrong, guys. This is only my opinion and I am not trying to convince nobody to not buy from trusted dealers.

"It literally felt apart" What part did it feel? Were you offended or pleased? :)

Honestly, I have always said you get what you pay for. The 30-60-90-120 Rolex's have always been the entry level watches. "since the problem has been solved under my satisfaction" Does this mean the dealer gave you compensation or that you just lived with the loss?

Replica watches are Chinese watches. Some are good and some are terrible. Luck of the draw. Unless you had all these watches side by side and did a study on what, when where, I'm not sure you can claim they are identical or the same. Your "Pretty sure", but I'm not sure at all. ;)

Could it be the same? Maybe. Could it be different? Maybe.

Eugene

Horology Curious
28/4/16
I have a Rolex Submariner from Aliexpress, also as what one would expect buying from a site/seller with no accountabilities - the watch even "sounds" fake, you wouldn't wear it, people could hear you're wearing a fake watch.

Indeed RWI has spent alot of effort in making this forum & maintaining the delicate balance of buyer/seller interest. I'm thankful for you guys.

I know firsthand how much time you're sacrificing just to make this happen, time is priceless & very limited...