• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A Forum is a terrible thing to waste! Dhgate, a lesson for new and old members!

lildaddym

Renowned Member
14/3/10
So, what about buying from those wholesalers? Do we have something on the forum regarding those?

"The Darkside"?

Thanks DT - I just stumbled upon this. Many is the time that I've been temtped by something on iOffer or another site. Never again. I found The Darkside after purchasing my first rep a little over 2 years ago from a non-recommended site. It is a Cartier Santos 100 Chronometer. Fortunately I lucked-out though the 'Swiss Made' 7750 is an Asian clone it is a nice watch that I overpaid about $50.00 for. IIRC, it was $375.
Thanks again.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
So, what about buying from those wholesalers? Do we have something on the forum regarding those?

"The Darkside"?

All other dealers not in our "trusted dealer" section are use at your own risk. Meaning, try it and report if you like. We don't know any of them so if the deal goes south, we can only hand you a tissue. :sam:

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
"The Darkside"?

"The Darkside" is the nickname for RWI stemming for the original black skin and the fact we tend to be a bit more liberal than RWGroup/RepGeek.

Col.

flyingphil

Horology Curious
22/8/10
DHgate-like transactions

Hi All,

Ordered a rep Bell @ Ross BR 01 - 94 thru. DH gate after reading carefully and asking what I THOUGHT were the right questions ... the watch arrived with the black paint peeling off! An email to the seller resulted in ' ... it must have happened in transit..." He offered to replace the unit for $50US plus postage but I felt that it was better not to send more money in his direction. I thought that I would give DH a try .... perhaps there are some reputable suppliers behind the escrow BUT why experiment when we have RWI??

Flyingphil

gw4k

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/8/10
I wish I was an INFORMED RWI member before I had a rep binge 2 years ago...but I have been happy with most of my reps though.

rolex69

Renowned Member
4/8/10
USA
Thanks

As a way to thank you I would like to send you a PP gift of $15 and suggest others do so also until your are fully reimbursed.

Thanks

you may post your PP email or PM me

Thanks Again!!!!

A forum is a terrible thing to waste! Dhgate, aoobuy, cqout, a lesson for new and old members!

I put my money to work for YOU, the members of RWI, in an attempt to teach everyone a valuable lesson. You get what you pay for, and there is no exceptions! RWI is safe, DHgate, Alibaba and many other “wholesale†replica and chinese product websites are NOT.

There is nothing that irritates me more than a new or old member who goes in search of the holy grail of sources, an obscure replica dealer found in the vastness of the web who sells high end replicas for a small fraction of what the dealers at RWI sell them for.

My irritation does not come someone wanting to be frugal with their money, I can completely understand that! My irritation comes when they actually take the plunge or entertain it long enough that they expose other members by their thread asking “Has anyone purchased from ______†as if expecting someone to say that they were far better in price, quality and reliability as the dealers found here on RWI.

I recently seen someone make comments with respect to some Hublot they found on DHgate for a $60-$70 . I decided that my test will be far more valuable to forum members than the $140 I would spend doing it. I knew that what I would receive was not what was advertised but something far less, but it would give me a chance to document the process from the very beginning and provide pictures of advertisement to delivery and product received.

First lets go to the advertisement as found on DHgate. The dealer has 106 user feedback and it is 98% positive. Please see the picture below and notice the promises made in the advertisement Remember, a scammer is going to try to put your mind at ease. If you pay close attention you might pick up some “Hollywooding†or “Overselling†in their attempt to seem like a good person to deal with.

Let's review the promises:

1. !!!New Arrival !!! Authentic Hublot Big Bang for $79.52
  2. Ceramic Bezel
  3. Asian Valjoux 7750 Automatic Chronograph Movement, 21,600 beats per hour.
  4. Functional Sub-Dials
  5. Sapphire Crystal w/AR Coating
  6. Display back with sapphire crystal
  7. “â€â€â€â€ Best 1:1 Hublot Available “â€â€â€â€â€
  8. (NO Damage)
  9. All of my products are 100% same as the photos, what you see is what you get!!!
blackbang.jpg

productimg12536071250301.jpg

The majority of replica sellers found on the internet will use pictures of GENUINE watches. This seller was no different. The sellers on RWI do not, they are not allowed!

Obviously I did not expect to receive a genuine watch nor did I really expect to receive this watch with a 7750 in it for $77.52 .

And similar expectations set by the seller for the second watch I purchased.

gold_matte.jpg

productimg1238502207626.jpg

Now this picture is a picture of a replica watch, one that does have an Asian 28,800bph in it.
Just because you see a picture of a replica watch does not mean it will be the replica watch that YOU receive.

So let's review what I did receive...

The packaging looks similar to what our dealers send

dhgate008.jpg

It's got nice little boxes inside, however, this is simply another attempt to put the buyer at ease that what they just received is of high quality. Why not spend $0.20 to help prevent a chargeback?

dhgate009.jpg

Here is a watch that is NOTHING like what was advertised.

dhgate005.jpg

dhgate006.jpg

So what's wrong here?

1. It does not have a ceramic bezel, it has a plastic or resin bezel
  2. It has a mineral crystal with no AR coating
  3. It has a 21J movement with faux chronographs
  4. It looks nothing like what was advertised, nothing at all
  5. It has a closed caseback

Worst of all, I overpaid for it, it is only worth about $50 (western retail price, probably $20 Chinese local price)

And the second watch...

dhgate004.jpg

Same junk but even worse!

I wont even go into all the problems here but everything I listed above... same thing... and look at those strap screws.... OMG!

I have filed a dispute with DHgate, I dont know what it will result in but I would love to punish this guy for scamming people (even though I knew what was going to happen).

It is likely that there will be some reason why I wont get my money back, I could dispute it with my credit card company but I really dont want to alert them to my purchasing activity. I will likely sell them in the for sale section for $50. The money spent on these watches was 100% for the forum and this thread.. the money loss is irrelevant.

Although you may luck out and find someone who sells something for a little less than the dealers here, is it worth paying a little less and assume a massive amount of risk? The answer is NO , and many have paid lots of money to find that out!

The Forum is a Terrible thing to waste, you were lucky enough to find RWI & we worked very hard to find & test the dealers found here, we work very hard to keep them honest, and your peers, all 20,000 of them have used these dealers and reported their findings. Why waste such a vetting process for a hope and a prayer that you lucked out beyond imagination and found something for nothing?

I hope everyone reads this tutorial, God knows I paid enough to bring it to you.

Reactions: ethersphynx

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
dhgate shopping is slow shipping, bad service, quality is terrible, product not working, not received, lost, confiscated by customs, outdated, etc . sometimes it was claimed against they hacked customers credit cards. So, be aware from the dhgarte.com. If you really feel online shopping then you can think about.

:picard:

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
dhgate shopping is slow shipping, bad service, quality is terrible, product not working, not received, lost, confiscated by customs, outdated, etc . sometimes it was claimed against they hacked customers credit cards. So, be aware from the dhgarte.com. If you really feel online shopping then you can think about.

Oops failure on your part. You missed the whole point of this thread.

Thread Title: A forum is a terrible thing to waste! Dhgate, chinabuye and any other site not mentioned in the dealer section... Is roulette.

So do you still think recommending another off board dealer here, in this thread, was such a good idea? :slap: ;)

D

d4m.test

thank you greg BEFORE finding rwi ibought frm dhgate a few times myself NOT a good thing i have just sent for my 2nd watch frm a dealer here ( 1st WBK & i am now waiting for my 2nd frm Reg at narikaa) i still look at dh but now it is just to see the pretty pictures LOL i even know a guy that got a lot deal on 5 tattoo guns thru dh they looked-felt-&-worked like they came outta a bubble gum machine i did use the dispute process at dh ,i did get my $ back on 1 watch & settled to pay $25 for another that originally cost about $185 so you stand a chance at getting your $ back THANK YOU for lesson/reminder really kids using RWI to learn from & buy is the BEST way to go.....got it ? GET IT!!!!!

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
Ooooohh. I thought the Darkside was where you went when you crossed that line into total obsession. When you get sucked into RWI like a lonely, down on his luck loner who got recruited into a cult. But that's not fair. Cults take your money. Getting reps...takes your money.
You can leave a cult whenever you want.
I can leave RWI whenev--Oh! New post in the sales thread!

"The Darkside" is the nickname for RWI stemming for the original black skin and the fact we tend to be a bit more liberal than RWGroup/RepGeek.

Col.

schmoozer

Looking Around
25/3/11
My 1ST post; read D4ME's thread and am appreciative for the information. I agree that all new members should read this and heed the warnings. I got relatively lucky with my first time purchase of reps and "got what I paid for". It was a learning process and the watches were "good enough" to be given to those I gave them to. All still running 2 years on and looked close enough for them.
My reason for being here is to learn from all of you and to buy reps that I want to keep.
Having said that I will ask a "noob" question.
How can I ge a list of our Trusted Sellers or is there a link that i'm missing to be able to start looking for the reps that I want to buy.? "classifieds," etc. 1st purchase is a Deepsea.
Any help or comments will be appreciated. I'll continue to read your posts and hopefully learn from you. My Father told me that I have 2 ears and 1 mouth so I should listen twice as much as I talk, so i'll post when I feel i have something to contribute. Thanks All