• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A Forum is a terrible thing to waste! Dhgate, a lesson for new and old members!

lorenzo81

Known Member
8/11/09
Questions from a new member

Hello everyone....

I'm new here and find alot of your opinions very interesting especialy the guy called fakey...he's really good.

I have a few questions and hope someone takes the time to answer...i'm getting interested on replica watches (thats why I'm here:biglaugh:) and so I'd like to know who are the trusted dealers on the forum??

I've read about watcheden so far but I'd like to have some more contacts.

I'm looking for good quality replicas and my first desire would be a OMEGA speedmaster professional...any ideas thanks....if I have done or asked something I should'nt have please let me know...

thanks

acharria

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/10/09
I just read this thread, and im so gratefull to D4M and RWI. woow i keep founding more and more info to finally (soon i hope) buy my first rep (PAM250 2009)

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09
I start finding the "hey anybody knowing this site : www.scam_yar_ass.fuk " annoying too. I just dont reply to those, it gives me the idea of a guy who doesn't even want to take the time and read all the interesting threads enriching this awesome forum. I must have seen "stick to our trusted dealers" some 100k times and have replied the same quite a few times myself.
It's true, a forum like this is as precious as mythril silver.

ThreadLocker

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/12/07
At least now we know who doesn't make the best Sub.....LOL

Thanks for the effort, much appreciated.

silix

Trusted Dealer
22/3/06
Yes, many sellers on DHgate abuse the platform, which cause the loss of buyers and other honest wholesalers who intend to make a good business relationship with buyers there. and this is producing a vicious circle. They out their price lower and lower, which makes the seller who provide products of good quality have no space to live, because items with good quality can't bare the price lower than the cost, which push their price higher than those who provide items of very low quality, and this will bring few buyers to them, so good sellers have no space to live there. This is personal experience, whatever...Wish you guys have a good partner to cooperate in business. Good Luck!

silix

Trusted Dealer
22/3/06
what's wrong?my friend.
and we have dhgate flatform. and we also have the website
dhgate ID:china-min
and the website is http://www.silix-prime.com
welcome to our store
i really hope i have the oppotunity to take service for you.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
and we have dhgate flatform. and we also have the website
dhgate ID:china-min
and the website is http://www.silix-prime.com
welcome to our store
i really hope i have the oppotunity to take service for you.

Ahh,, that explains it. Thanks for the great info!
Thanks so much for setting the record straight. :cute:

:swoon:

Fizbin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/11/09
So aoobuy is no good? I don't think you mentioned anything specific from them.

Gen-X

29/6/09
I used to focus on price, but after so many issues with subpar dealers I decided to just stick with the recommended ones. They might be $20-40 more expensive, but create less headaches after problems arise.

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
Thanks for the great info, I only wish I'd found RWI sooner!

kenberg

9/4/06
Good thread G

I can only echo what D4M says here, DHGate and Alibaba is only two of dozens of gateways which will give you access to literally thousands of Chinese sellers.

The good dealers are in fact in there, somewhere, but if you want to find them you are going to need to do a lot of work and be prepared to burn quite a few dollars in the process.

Ken

Icho_Tolot

Horology Curious
7/2/09
Never use DHgate. It is a total rip-off. I tried a few contacts and never had a correct answer to my questions. Usually the guys don't understand a single word of what you said except from the fact that they know how to ask you to send them money.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Why's there nothing in this thread about aoobuy? only thing that gripes me is they quit replying to my emails. Most of their photos aren't of gen and the ones that are gen are very plainly obvious. But would like to know more info about aoobuy. I also have watch321 trying to sell me stuff but he doesn't misrepresent his junk, he sends me photos of his junk..so it makes it even more difficult to justify spending money on... junk ! :D

Iron Mike

Horology Curious
10/1/10
I can't speak about any other dealers/websites other than DHGate, because I have bought from it (indirectly). One wholesaler to be specific.

I have a friend who Deals/resells watches/shoes etc... from a DHGate wholesaler and I have bought a couple of pieces from him.

While not the top quality Reps they aren't all that bad for the most part in my experience. A few have been 'junk' so to speak but others have been quite good. My buddy is just getting into the rep watch thing and is testing this wholesaler for what he can/can't get from the factories.
I'm his guinea pig if you want to call it that because I'm so damn picky and don't mind telling him that what he has is crap, lol.

As an example he brought in a TAG Link Calibre S for about $50, wanted to resell for about $150 here in Canada.

Here's a quick and dirty wrist shot; (sorry for the small size), anyway....
th_Image005.jpg

It is an automatic and the TAG markings are good, but....No chrono pushers, running 1/10th and 1/100th dials, bad lume and the markers are poorly aligned just to name a few faults.

The ironic part, this watch arrived just as it was pictured on DHGate. So the only person to blame for it being a poor Rep is the uninformed buyer.

Blandford007

Horology Curious
10/11/09
...Sobering thought!

....Great post, and a good reminder to one and all of the value of spending time reading and benefiting from RWI members experiences, and ultimately having confidence in making purchases from Trusted Dealers vetted by RWI. Once again thanks Greg.

Blandford007

LemmyCaution

17/3/08
Thanks DT - I just stumbled upon this. Many is the time that I've been temtped by something on iOffer or another site. Never again. I found The Darkside after purchasing my first rep a little over 2 years ago from a non-recommended site. It is a Cartier Santos 100 Chronometer. Fortunately I lucked-out though the 'Swiss Made' 7750 is an Asian clone it is a nice watch that I overpaid about $50.00 for. IIRC, it was $375.
Thanks again.