• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Forum Terms & Abbreviations

Sunntown

Horology Curious
18/4/20
Belgium
Could someone add C&R abbreviation meaning.
As far as I understood it means 'Catch and release', but I could be wrong.

jb3md

Renowned Member
11/8/19
Could someone add C&R abbreviation meaning.
As far as I understood it means 'Catch and release', but I could be wrong.

You are correct - generally meant to refer to a watch acquired from TD or via M2M and immediately posted for resale. An allusion to fishing!

Sent from the RWI App

Harris07

Horology Curious
4/7/20
England
Wow, so many abbreviations... :D
Guess I’m going to be returning to this thread pretty often trying to learn these.

Thanks for making this buddy.

Last edited:

Rol.exe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/20
New Zealand
I notice that TrustyTime is listed as an ex trusted dealer due to cartel membership. I believe he is listed elsewhere as a trusted dealer. Has he been reinstated or are those outdated references? I've just purchased a rep from him as I thought he was a current TD.

Magericks

9/2/20
Well, he's back as a TD, you can look under the trusted rep dealer subforum for all the TDs

Reactions: Rol.exe

Rol.exe

17/8/20
New Zealand
JrLwo.jpg

**I'm so sorry, I have posted this in the wrong discussion and cannot see how to delete or move it! :(

It appears that the cyclops being angled slightly too far clockwise in relation to the DW is common on the RXF and is present on my QC pic too. I'm wondering how it will look in-hand.

Also, I'm feeling that my date is slightly fat. Is this the only place where it is socially acceptable to type that sentence?

I'm starting to feel like the little knowledge I have is a dangerous thing as I notice (or think I notice) more flaws. I have to keep my increasingly paranoid brain in check.

As an aside, I have spent just as much time looking at Maupinator's QC pics as my own. I much prefer the JTime QC shots he posted as the factory QC shots I received from Trusty are overblown in brightness and take away from the boldness and beauty of the piece.

Last edited:

Deviner5

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
25/9/20
Hi great learning this stuff. Im just started Learning from
yesterday . In the abbreviations part of post I was looking up to see meaning of ZF to zzf . I know ZF if a factory that makes watches but I wasn’t sure if ZZF was another factory or just the same . Thanks in advance couldn’t find info

canuckz

Looking Around
17/2/21
Good thread, but I was reading about what Rolex Datejust is best, and people are comparing the DJF, ARF, BP - what do these all refer to? I"m assuming a model of replica, but who sells them (ie more than one retailer)?

Once there is one that I am interested in, do I then go to each TD website and search "DJF" (for example)?