• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Forum Terms & Abbreviations

fraser3710

Known Member
21/3/17
Quick background. All of the TDs we have here are not makers of watches but middlemen (with some exceptions). All the major TDs buy from the same handful of factories. ZF, TF, V6F, KW, Noob, H fact, etc. noob is a factory and one of the larger and higher end ones.

Hope that helps!

That helped me too thanks!

opoonedploxo

Horology Curious
8/5/17
So you’re new here. You wander around the forum and you see things like IMO that SOSF has me RMFAOL and you wonder what the hell are these guys talking about? Well here is a list of those terms to help you out. I’m sure I’ve missed a few but this will be a work in progress.

1:1: A false marketing term used to describe something that does not exist. A replica that is an exact copy of the genuine counterpart (See Ultimate, 1:1, Anal, Rephaustion, Macrophasia).

AD: Authorized Dealer who sells Gens

Anals: A person who expects a $100 timepiece to be exactly the same as it's 10k counterpart. This is often accompanied by an obsession over every little detail even if the details cannot be seen by the human eye because they are either too small or completely hidden. (See 1:1, Ultimate, Macrophasia, Rephaustion).

AP: Audemars Piquet

AR: Anti-Reflective coating. It is a coating that is placed on watch crystals to deflect glare. Can be single or double sided. Double AR can scratch as one layer is on the outside of the crystal

B&R: Bell & Ross

BCE: Short for Breitling Chronomat Evolution

Beginmariner: An entry level Submariner. Referred to by other names such as Noobmariner and VIPmariner.

Bling: A watch obnoxiously encrusted with diamonds or jewels.

Breit: Short for Breitling

Builder: A Watchsmith or Watchmaker who builds watches from the ground up.

Bump: The process of bumping a post back to the top of the new posts section because the poster feels it contains information they want others to see.

C1: A model of Concord watch.

CC: Credit Card.

CALI: Short for California

CG: Crown Guard.

Clownmaster: A term used to describe the Rolex Yachtmaster II

CN: Short for China or Chinese.

CNY: Chinese currency or Chinese New Year

CONUS: Continental United States (See IN CONUS).

D4ME: Short for Daytona4me

DD: Rolex Day Date

DHL: A shipper often used by the dealers.

DJ: Rolex Datejust

DRSD: Rolex Double Red Sea-Dweller

DSN: Davidsen

DW: Datewheel or David Wong (a builder of vintage Daytona reps).

EMS: Express Mail Service. They are the usual courier for packages

ETA: A Swiss movement used in watches. Also available as a China made clone. Gen (Swiss) ETAs are now very rare in reps.

Fakebreaking: A phenomenon wherein rep buyers constantly break certain models of watches. Even if the movements in those watches are commonly used in gens with no issues. This is caused by a failure to understand the limitations of a mechanical timepiece in general. Gen owners are usually not afflicted by this. An example would be the Rolex Daytona. (See Seconds @6).

Fedex: A package delivery service. NEVER USE THEM FOR REPS!

Fiddy: Panerai 127

Fidestro: Panerai 217

FM: Abbreviation for Fakemaster (me). Also short for Franck Mueller

Franken: A watch that has had genuine parts added to it in order to make it closer to the genuine counterpart.

Gaytona: A model of the Daytona that is encrusted with diamonds and topped off with a leopard dial and strap. Often referred to as Seanf’s favorite watch.

Geeks: A member of RG (See RG).

Gen: Short for genuine watch.

Group Buy: A forum-wide mass buy where items can be purchased at a discounted price.

GBP: British Pound.

GTG: Get together.

GUG: Gen under a grand.

HBB: Hublot Big Bang.

Black Magic: An all black Hublot Big Bang

Imagecave: An image hosting service.

IMHO: In my honest/humble opinion.

IMO: In my opinion

IN CONUS: A designation when something or someone is in the Continental United States. Also a designation in sales ads when someone will only ship within that area (See CONUS).

IWC: International Watch Company

Jandrew: A term used to describe term used to describe two dealers who ran seperate websites but were actually the same business entity. Also called 'The Twins'. (See Perfect Clones, Trustytime).

Jetmid: 'DON’T BE A JETMID' is a phrase often said. It is in reference to a former member who boasted about his maginary jet and supermodel wife. When someone emulates that attitude they are referrred to as a 'Jetmid'.

LegendofSpeed Former Chief Admin of RWI, see LOS

LOS Former Chief Admin of RWI

Lume: The material applied to a watch dial that makes it glow in the dark.

LV: Abbreviation for the Rolex anniversary LV (Lunette Verde) Submariner. Also used to describe Louis Vuitton.

Macrophasia: A condition caused by the constant use of extremely magnified photos to compare reps and gens for accuracy. Also compounded by never holding or actually seeing the gen. Often results in people never buying a rep or being satisfied with any purchase. Symptoms include constant dealer complaints and repeated 'Why can't they make these more accurate' questions. If not managed early it often results in a short lived tenure in the hobby. (See 1:1, Ultimate, Anal, Rephaustion).

MBW: Maria’s Best Watch. They were a dealer who sold 1:1 Rolex reps (See 1:1).

MBK: Another watch that was often touted as an ‘Ultimate/1:1’ Rolex rep. Often ranked with MBW (See 1:1).

Midgets: A reference to little people usually made by Seanf (See Seanf).

Modded: A watch that has been altered from it’s OEM state.

Mods: Authoritarian Figures. They are green.

Modder: Someone who performs aftermarket modifications to timepieces.

MOP: Short for Mother of Pearl dial.

Nexpert: A person whose knowledge on the accuracy of replicas is based on information from the net rather than actual experience. Typically have never seen a gen. Not even the counterpart for the reps they own. They are usually anal, very opinionated as to what is right and wrong and aren't afraid to share it. Unfortunately their information is based on opinions from other Nexperts who read something another Nexpert said who has never seen the gen either. (See Anals, Rexpert).

Noob/Noobie: A new member. In other words YOU!

OEM: Original Equipment Manufacturer

OP: Original poster

OZ: Australia

PAM: Panerai

Perfect Clones ‘aka Josh‘: One of the ‘Cartel Dealers’. Works hand in hand with Trustytime. No longer a recommended dealer due to disreputable business practices (See Trustytime).

Photobucket: An image hosting service.

PO: Short for Omega Planet Ocean.

POS: Piece of shit.

PP: PayPal. Also an abbreviation for Patek Philippe

PT: Short for Puretime or Precious Time.

PVD: Physical Vapor Deposition. A particle vacuum coating process used on watches.

Rehaut: The metal ring between the crystal and dial on a watch.

Rep: Short for replica

Rephaustion: A condition caused by a failure to manage Macrophasia and the resultant anaiality that stems from it. The person eventually becomes so frustrated with not finding the perfect replica that they eventually give up and quit the hobby. (See 1:1, Ultimate, Anal, Macrophasia).

Rexpert: A person whose knowledge on the accuracy of replicas is based on actual experience rather than hearsay. They regularly visit ADs and have handled most gens. They have seen the gen counterparts for the reps they own and will not buy one before they have. As a result they are usually more knowledgeable about models in general. And since they base ther comparisons on real world conditions they do not suffer from Macrophasia and thus are less anal. (See Nexpert, Anals).

RG/Repgeek: A replica forum

RIS: Replica Idiot Savant

Rollercoasting: When a watch hand has not been installed level. As it spins it moves up and down vertically like a rollercoaster and at some point touches the inside of the crystal jacking everything up.

Rollie: Rolex

ROO: A model made by Audemar Piquet. Not to be confused with "Roo", abbreviation for rooster133 (a moderator).

RWG.CC: Another replica forum.

RWG.BZ: Our sister forum, often referred to as "The wild west of rep fora"

RWI/Darkside: This forum.

Runner: A person who racks up 50 posts in an hour so they can sell something.

Seanf: One of the Admin. He is known best for rockin’ the house, love of midgets and his homoerotic fixation on Daniel Craig.

Seconds @: The location of the running seconds on a chronograph watch. Examples are Seconds @3/6/9 (See Seconds @6).

Seconds @3 & @9: These are the natural locations for the seconds registers on a 7750 movement. (See Seconds @, Seconds @6 & @12, Fakebreaking).

Seconds @6 & @12: A modification done to 7750 movements to emulate the seconds function of watches like the Rolex Daytona and AP Roo. It requires more gearing which adds to the complication. If handled properly and maintained it can still be a good movement. (See Seconds @3, Fakebreaking).

SHITINERAND: A typo seen on the inside of casebacks on an older production run of Rolex replicas. Though dismissed by many anals the cases themselves are nicer than some of the newer stuff.

Silix: One of our dealers.

Slevin: Nickname for the IWC Aquatimer.

Smole: A spammer who operates covertly. Usually located in China and claim to want to learn about reps. Their posts are innocuous at first. Then slowly they drop references to the 'amazing deals they found in their travels to China'. It builds over time finally resulting in a full blown Spam attack on the forum or by PM.

SMP: Short for Omega Seamaster Professional.

SoCal: Short for Southern California. The collectors who live there consider themselves to be in a separate class from the ones in CALI or anywhere else. (See CALI).

SOH: Breitling Superocen Heritage

SOSF: Short for Superocean Steelfish. It is not SFSO, SSFO, SOF or SF .

Tag: Tag Heuer.

TNT: Another delivery service used by the dealers. Generally for air shipment.

Trailboss99: Chief Admin of RWI; aka "Trainee Cat Herder" or Col.

Troll: A person who's only purpose is to disrupt the forum. Every post they make is a challenge, complaint or insult. Every opinion they give is the polar opposite of what the person before them said or the opinion of the community as a whole. (See Jetmid).

TTK/Neil: Time to Kill. A dealer in the old days either loved or hated.

Trustytime ’aka Andrew’: One of the Cartel dealer’s. Works hand in hand with Perfect Clones. No longer a recommended dealer due to disreputable business practices. (See Perfect Clones).

Tudor: A budget brand produced by Rolex.

Ultimate: Another false marketing term that is often used hand in hand with the description 1:1 implying it is an ultimate perfect copy. This is also usually followed by a version or ’V’ designation (See V1/V2/V3/V20???).

UN: Ulysses Nardin.

UPO: Short for Ultimate Omega Planet Ocean .

UPS: United Parcel Service. DO NOT USE THEM FOR REPS!

USPS: United States Postal Service

V1/V2/V3/V20????: A term applied to each new version of the previously described ‘Ultimate/1:1/Exact copy’ that was released even though it was already perfect (See Ultimate & 1:1).

VC: Vacheron Constantin

VIP: A forum contributor

Watch Expert: Someone who has extensive knowledge about timepieces. They are often also a Watchsmith, Watchmaker or Modder (See Builder & Modder).

WBK ‘aka Stan‘: Wackobirdkeeper.

Wepdreams: A wet dream about a specific watch seen in gen form. The subject becomes so fixated on getting that one that they can't see anything else. They keep searching for it even if they are told it is bad or doesn't exist in rep form. Usually results in them getting ripped off by a scammer site.

WIS: Watch Idiot Savant.

WTF: What the ****?

WU: Western Union.

Yachtie: Short for Rolex Yachtmaster.

YM: Also short for Rolex Yachtmaster.

-----------------------------------

Red = Terms Coined by me
What does noobfactory mean in the rep describtion. Like "Noobfactory best 1:1"?

Reactions: sincron

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
What does noobfactory mean in the rep describtion. Like "Noobfactory best 1:1"?

Did you really need to quote the whole post LOL

Noob is a factory, a rep watch maker with a good reputation.

D

d4m.test

This was extremely helpful! I joined last night and this cleared up everything for me. Can't wait to be a part of this community and buy my first rep. I'm so happy that a place like this exists!

roum

Horology Curious
5/5/18
Hi guys! I’m a noob here and I’ve been through the whole thread and couldn’t find the following:

ARF
VRF

I guess these are some rep factories right?

If, so which does the higher quality reps? ARF,VRF,BP or Noob?

Thanks in advance!

rpurple

Looking Around
24/5/18
This is so useful. I now don't have to guess what they mean! Thanks. Can anyone point where to look for reviews for different manufacturers (Noob, ARF, etc?).

zexynova

Renowned Member
27/12/15
Factories tend to specialize a Brand or particular model... You can look up the Consensual List of Super Reps in the Main Discussion Forum

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
New terms added to OP.