• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Forum Terms & Abbreviations

Mr.Watch.

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/17
Knowledgeable and humorous lol Great post. Doesn't take long to learn on RWI i see.

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Got it, and how do you like someone? You've been a very patient member for a newbie and much appreciated!

Not sure what you mean to like someone, but to like a posting, you go the posting you like and find a small thumbs up icon or "like" word on the bottom of the posted message then click it. If you want to follow someone, you go to the person profile and click "follow"

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Woofter1

Horology Curious
27/1/17
Hi,
(before I start I admit that I haven't read every starter post here - but working my way through them!)
I'm trying to find out what "AFX" means as in
GRAND COMPLICATIONS AXF RG WHITE DIAL MOONPHASE ON BLACK LEATHER STRAP
also trying to understand the way to identify the "lastest" reps. Does 1:1 really mean anything or is it just marketing :D

Thanks for your help (and please know I am reading the massive amounts of noob guides here) :D

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
I'm a noob too and reading lots, don't know about AXF try the abbreviations list for newbs, sorry still don't know how to include a link in my post! If anyone can give me the rundown that'd b good, as for 1:1 yeah marketing ploy, however there are some reps that are ridiculously close like the Noob Subs and the Omega Op's (my next purchase I think!) Have fun..

Woofter1

Horology Curious
27/1/17
Still couldn't find AFX...I must try harder [emoji3]. Still not sure what first rep will be. Probably IWC Pilot and a Patek...but like one of the fantasy Patek's the best unfortunately! Happy hunting Jackster!

Woofter1

Horology Curious
27/1/17
Still couldn't find AFX...I must try harder [emoji3]. Still not sure what first rep will be. Probably IWC Pilot and a Patek...but like one of the fantasy Patek's the best unfortunately! Happy hunting Jackster!

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
I know what a noob is, ME. However, I keep seeing references to a maker or factory being noob, when I do a search, I just come up with ME again. lol Can someone enlighten me?

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Nice Rep forum dictionary. Some of the terms however are just 'dealer created', and not really coming from Rep aficionados. Like 1:1 +++A! and other BS...........The word Rollie sounds ghetto. And dealer created too. [what movies are they watching?] Terms pertaining to watch parts are ok. Those help.

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
I know what a noob is, ME. However, I keep seeing references to a maker or factory being noob, when I do a search, I just come up with ME again. lol Can someone enlighten me?
Quick background. All of the TDs we have here are not makers of watches but middlemen (with some exceptions). All the major TDs buy from the same handful of factories. ZF, TF, V6F, KW, Noob, H fact, etc. noob is a factory and one of the larger and higher end ones.

Hope that helps!