• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Forum Terms & Abbreviations

Reid_Case

Horology Curious
28/3/23
Boston
Thanks for the welcome and education…and now, if that Aqua Terra would just fall in my lap…
But in all seriousness, I’ve learned (and trusted) more in two days here than a couple years on another sight where I “read it.”
I recently had this crazy daydream about buying a broken gen, and coincidentally checked out RWI a few days later, realizing that it has potential.
Anyway, thanks! I’m very excited and happy to be here-
R
PS my gen experience is in the Aquaracer area- I’m no big spender or even particularly tech-savvy, hence my quest for a rep Aqua Terra.

Nebari

Excuse me, do you have the time?
Supporter
Certified
3/5/23
Colorado
I'm surprised after all this time, RL and GL - red light/green light isn't on this list. Also, NWBIG - not worth buying in gen

Nebari

Excuse me, do you have the time?
Supporter
Certified
3/5/23
Colorado
And yes, I know both terms are addressed within the replies, I'm just surprised the OP wasn't updated

engbanna1

Known Member
29/5/23
KSA
What GL nad RL stand for? I’ve seen them regularly on many posts and I understand they mean approve or reject but not sure what exactly they stand for?

watcho203

Horology Curious
Supporter
9/7/23
Boston, MA
Very complete guide, there were many acronyms I knew from Reddit know I'll save this for further reference. Thanks for putting it all together!

strawman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/7/23
Italy
Maybe a stupid question but I did not find an answer here: what does "C+F" means?

ayampols

Looking Around
5/8/23
California
I feel a list of terms and abreviations in a section for noobs should include "TD". I guess that's not a popular opinion. But the first time I came across this acronym was here on this forum, and I only worked out the meaning accidentally, from the entry for Trustytime. That's not an especially helpful place for it IMO.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
I feel a list of terms and abreviations in a section for noobs should include "TD". I guess that's not a popular opinion. But the first time I came across this acronym was here on this forum, and I only worked out the meaning accidentally, from the entry for Trustytime. That's not an especially helpful place for it IMO.
eboy-ralph.gif

Hello and WELCOME to RWI from the official reception desk team!

You are receiving this reply either because you posted in the "New members say hi" section or because I spotted one of your first posts elsewhere. In the latter case, please consider going to the aforementioned section and introduce yourself.

If you haven't already, please take some time to read the sticky threads in the new members section (all subsections) as they contain information for newbies and most importantly our forum rules! In particular, please take note of our sales rules, because as a brand new member, you will be —under any circumstances— NOT yet eligible to sell.

A good starting point is this list of resources on RWI:

Also, this please take a look at this sticky thread:

If you need further help, please feel free to contact me or @Feefo!

We're always happy to help, but please allow some time for PM responses as we have lifes outside of RWI!

[Please note that this is NOT an automated message!]