• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Forum Terms & Abbreviations

Tiny-james

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/4/22
United Kingdom
I've just read all 15 pages of this after reading a post about QC image question and the term Happy Feet came up in a answer as a defect but for the life of me I don't have a clue what this means.

Can I ask the list on the first page is that up to date with all the abbreviations listed

jilbec

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
12/10/18
Could anyone help me to find out the meaning "C&R" ?

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Could anyone help me to find out the meaning "C&R" ?

Catch & Release - Like fishing ;)

Basically if you buy an item (used or new) but on receipt decide to immediately sell on (in the same condition you receive it in) It may be that you do not like the fit, colour, style, any reason.

So if you buy from a TD with stickers, unborn, you could decide its not for you and C&R it to the Members Sales Area.

Reactions: jilbec

jilbec

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
12/10/18
Catch & Release - Like fishing ;)

Basically if you buy an item (used or new) but on receipt decide to immediately sell on (in the same condition you receive it in) It may be that you do not like the fit, colour, style, any reason.

So if you buy from a TD with stickers, unborn, you could decide its not for you and C&R it to the Members Sales Area.

Thanks a lot. That's cute and witty term that perfectly makes sense as many others here lol

Reactions: P..DR..D

zac1114

Horology Curious
3/9/22
Thank you for explaining the lingo(language) as we call it in Australia very helpful and detailed write up!

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
One I figured out during my short time here is "C and R" - which means the movement had been Cleaned ( I am sure to varying extent) and the time keeping Regulated to run more accurately. Seen in member to member (M2M) sales..

( I think ..)

Reactions: Buttlet

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
One I figured out during my short time here is "C and R" - which means the movement had been Cleaned ( I am sure to varying extent) and the time keeping Regulated to run more accurately. Seen in member to member (M2M) sales..

( I think ..)
Post 229 above

Buttlet

Horology Curious
10/11/22
Canada

( I think ..)
Thanks for posting this. I don’t think I’d ever run into that info unless you posted it.

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Be careful listening to me. As the senior member above indicated, it means "catch and release". It means the current owner bought the watch, decided it wasn't to their liking, and is selling it essentially unworn and new.

Sorry about that

Reactions: Buttlet

Buttlet

Horology Curious
10/11/22
Canada
Be careful listening to me. As the senior member above indicated, it means "catch and release". It means the current owner bought the watch, decided it wasn't to their liking, and is selling it essentially unworn and new.

Sorry about that
Ah ok thanks a lot