• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EU article 28 vs. yellow sticker

theflyingdutchman

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Hi,

So this a new one for me; any idea what this is? Or the consequences? Found this on the inside?

Thanks,

Dutchy

bb733e97d4a80fed2ab303f6a819344a.jpg

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Article 28
(ex Article 23 TEC)
1. The Union shall comprise a customs union which shall cover all trade in goods and which shall involve the prohibition between Member States of customs duties on imports and exports and of all charges having equivalent effect, and the adoption of a common customs tariff in their relations with third countries.
2. The provisions of Article 30 and of Chapter 3 of this Title shall apply to products originating in Member States and to products coming from third countries which are in free circulation in Member States.
Article 29
(ex Article 24 TEC)
Products coming from a third country shall be considered to be in free circulation in a Member State if the import formalities have been complied with and any customs duties or charges having equivalent effect which are payable have been levied in that Member State, and if they have not benefited from a total or partial drawback of such duties or charges.

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
If the goods originate from the EU, the articles 28 and 29 of the Agreement are related to it and, therefore, the goods can move freely around the EU. For this also - among other things - we have the European Union.
So next time you come to a package with a yellow label and the words beginning with "Goods not Fulfilling the conditions laid down in Articles 28 and 29 of the Treaty..." you either have to pay duty / VAT or the value of it was below the limits for the payment or the one who should have arranged the withdrawal of the charges, missed the sticker (which is, due to its color, quite difficult). The good news is that sticking labels obviously is not your duty, it's on authorities or maybe logistics companies, so nothing for most mortals.

But what did you get and from where?

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
OP, relax.
The sticker says that Customs Office didn't do any paperwork aimed for charging the import fees on that package.
So, the import formalities have not been complied, and as mentioned in art. 30 - the item can't be allowed in a free circulation.
No free circulatrion means you can't officialy sell it (without doing the import formalities/paying the import fees).
If you would like to officialy resell it - you should submit to the Customs Office the self-defclaration, so they would tell you do they decide to charge the fees or opted for an exemption, and so on, so on.
I assume you bought the rep item so most likely you are not going to resell it officialy, don't you ;)

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
One note to think about for future.
If you used your private individual data as a recipient here - for 99.99% you can ingnore the sticker. The chances that Customs will go after the private individual are almost zero.
If you used the data of you as an enterpreneur, data of a legal entity or any kind of partnership - you may want to think about stop doing that for future. Customs are more keen on checking the enterpreneurs.

erikwesselink

Horology Curious
16/1/15
I received last week a package with the same sticker
f44ac76ccb096d7b2010c53346e28da5.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
its been a while since the last post here. But if the package has this sticker its not a real triangular shipment. Because customs in your country can see that it came from outside the EU.
Is my assumption right?

I am asking because my last two orders had one of these stickers and I paid for triangular!

Last edited: