Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you answer the 'is it real' question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting topic.
    The way I look at it is if rep watch factory can produce very close quality and functionality from the Genuine regardless of their micro flaws , it is extremely difficult to justify the price of the genuine one and at this point I have no problem to say if I have been asked this is Rep .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

100% agree. Why spend 10, 20, 50 times the price for a genuine, if there are negligible visual differences and the primary reason for the purchase is not for its horological qualities.
      'Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get'

Comment

I was thinking about this and I would just let them have a closer look at the watch and tell them: "have a look for yourself"

Comment

Everyone saying nobody notices your watch. Not true. Yeah, someone that could care less about fancy things, I get it. But whenever I wear mine, you can tell people are zooming in - lol.

And that's where I feel odd because his probably wishing he could afford such a watch but little does he know it's a rep - LOL.

Never been asked though if it's real.

Comment

Originally posted by Livewir3 View Post
            Everyone saying nobody notices your watch. Not true. Yeah, someone that could care less about fancy things, I get it. But whenever I wear mine, you can tell people are zooming in - lol.

And that's where I feel odd because his probably wishing he could afford such a watch but little does he know it's a rep - LOL.

Never been asked though if it's real.
            all about whether you can pull it off

Comment

Originally posted by P..DR..D View Post

all about whether you can pull it off
              Hahahah

Comment

Originally posted by Livewir3 View Post

Hahahah
                To quote someone else, "the biggest tell in a rep is you"
                so true, the reps are near identical now so all about confidence & if you can pull it off, fair play.

Comment

Originally posted by P..DR..D View Post

To quote someone else, "the biggest tell in a rep is you"
                  so true, the reps are near identical now so all about confidence & if you can pull it off, fair play.
                  Totally agree with that.

Comment

I have been reading some articles from genuine Rolex groups.
                    And noticed some of the flaws people complain about in replica do exist in genuine one.
                    Some good replica have decent quality.
                    The deference I found is not the quality it is the value the watch will hold furthermore some replica looks and feels exactly like the genuine but holds no value in long run .
                    So the question means nothing if you not going to fool someone to buy the watch as genuine.which needs an expert to tell deference between dome replica and genuine.
                    Bottom line genuine one will give you the confidence about the value and the replica will not give you different feel or look in the wrist from the genuine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Honestly bro. I’m a new member as well. And I just ordered a AP. Yes its real. made with real parts it’s a real watch. If someone does ask if it’s genuine you could also say it is used because people sell used watches all the time. Just giving some insightful suggestion. And always keep a positive attitude on the approach

Comment

Originally posted by mkatvvatt View Post
                        I have been reading some articles from genuine Rolex groups.
                        And noticed some of the flaws people complain about in replica do exist in genuine one.
                        Some good replica have decent quality.
                        The deference I found is not the quality it is the value the watch will hold furthermore some replica looks and feels exactly like the genuine but holds no value in long run .
                        So the question means nothing if you not going to fool someone to buy the watch as genuine.which needs an expert to tell deference between dome replica and genuine.
                        Bottom line genuine one will give you the confidence about the value and the replica will not give you different feel or look in the wrist from the genuine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Re the feel part of your post, another thread you may like.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...anken-gen-feel

Comment

Working...
                        X