• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How do you answer the 'is it real' question?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
@Rex411 I'll answer this one more time. You drop down to one knee and deliver a punch directly to the testes. Pop that scrotum. There will be no more watch talk. Seriously, this is asked weekly. Who cares. You can say "I sure hope so" or "what do you think" but who really gives a sh!t. If it's friend or family just tell them the truth and if its a stranger mash those nuts.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
If you wear a TC Sub, then all you can do is say "well, what do you think? , here take a good look". And hand it over to him.Or her.That shuts their trap right there and then. 99.9% of the time. Upon receiving it back, all you do is smile. [that keeps you from blatantly lying and feeling guilty and staying 'clean'] [while touching your halo] .......... but one of 'lesser quality' could make you nervous, a bit guilty, and fidgety. And the the inquirer could read that as 'fake'. .............. You will rarely if ever get asked that question. There are "live trolls" out there that would question anything and everything they see. Even the authenticity of your nose. Just ignore them,and walk away. ..........You know what I mean............... So, ahh, ....get your TC Sub and enjoy the hell out of it !!

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
pay no attention to RepPossessed he does this to everyone... I think he needs a vacation or a few xanax. :jeff:

does what exactly? lol

Ive never had a conversation with you...you have been here 1 month and you think you know me? :confused:

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
pay no attention to RepPossessed he does this to everyone... I think he needs a vacation or a few xanax. :jeff:

Oh.. i just realised.. i answered your thread about water resistance. Well i gave my full and frank truthful opinion.. Im sorry the answer wasn't the one you were looking for

answering your thread like that does not make you "everybody"

db1561

Known Member
9/2/17
does what exactly? lol

Ive never had a conversation with you...you have been here 1 month and you think you know me? :confused:
I've been around enough forums and read quite a few threads here and quite a few of your posts are condescending IMHO. no need to take it personal I've only been here a month or so. See ya around! [emoji2]

Sent from the RWI mobile app

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
@db1561 Well you tried to make it personal with what you said.. you should listen to your own advice about taking things personally, clearly what i said about water resistance on your thread you took personally or you wouldnt have made a snide remark about me..

I along with many others have little patience for noobs who talk before they read, thats all.. so if i sounded harsh i apologize for that.
I give my praise and critisicms in equal amounts.

db1561

Known Member
9/2/17
@db1561 Well you tried to make it personal with what you said.. you should listen to your own advice about taking things personally, clearly what i said about water resistance on your thread you took personally or you wouldnt have made a snide remark about me..

I along with many others have little patience for noobs who talk before they read, thats all.. so if i sounded harsh i apologize for that.

Your quote: "you gotta be a bit more thick skinned youre on an internet forum and people can get fiesty"

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada

Did you guys figure out who's is biggest yet? Let us know
Your quote: "you gotta be a bit more thick skinned youre on an internet forum and people can get fiesty"

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Rex411

Horology Curious
10/3/17
I'm digging these responses. Exactly what I needed...except for the last bits (lol). @Tucker, I looked over your threads and found the one you and @RepPossessed commented (
started by husam2002jo, Mar 2, 2017) on the same topic. Guess my initial searching should have included the word 'genuine'. My bad. Looks like now I have 2 threads of answers!

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk

Yeah..

At which point did you think i was annoyed?
You made a remark about me, so i questioned you why? Naturally.
and took your opinion..
at no point was i annoyed.

You must have been reading my posts in an angry voice in your head.

You come onto this thread and said nothing thing about the subject and only to make a remark about my character, that not a good way to start on a forum.

Reactions: pistebasher

Danii

I'm Pretty Popular
16/12/15
Have only had this happen once, but when an acquaintance asked wether or not my AP Diver was real. I stuck it out and asked him "What do you think?". I find it to be a pretty offending question tbh, why do you care about my spending habits? And what difference does it make? With that being said I would never reveal my reps as being reps, it's part of the game :angelhead:

DrGran

7/3/17
Ultima Thule
No good answer to this tricky question. If its a "super" rep I say it is...but because of this question i do not wear any other PATEK than nautilus, newer yellow gold or rose gold replicas, never ROLEX, stopped wearing VC and certainly never wear any UNs.

Its IWCs, Omegas and and the odd FM as daily beaters for me for the sake of these kind of questions. Allways SS or the like, never GOLD!!!

I am a chicken

db1561

Known Member
9/2/17
Yeah..

At which point did you think i was annoyed?
You made a remark about me, so i questioned you why? Naturally.
and took your opinion..
at no point was i annoyed.

You must have been reading my posts in an angry voice in your head.

You come onto this thread and said nothing thing about the subject and only to make a remark about my character, that not a good way to start on a forum.

I didn't mean to offend you, I was actually just poking fun at you and your tell it like it is style! It is rather refreshing and entertaining, no malign intended and I apologize if it came across that way.

Reactions: catana1981

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I'm digging these responses. Exactly what I needed...except for the last bits (lol). @Tucker, I looked over your threads and found the one you and @RepPossessed commented (
started by husam2002jo, Mar 2, 2017) on the same topic. Guess my initial searching should have included the word 'genuine'. My bad. Looks like now I have 2 threads of answers!

Actually your search should have included "nut punch."

Sent from the RWI mobile app

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
I always tell people if my watch is a fake or not, it wouldnt sit well with me lying or deceiving anyone.

Besides I love calling out poeple who lie about their fake stuff like yeezys or watches etc..

ooarr

I'm Pretty Popular
23/12/14
I always tell people if my watch is a fake or not, it wouldnt sit well with me lying or deceiving anyone.

Besides I love calling out poeple who lie about their fake stuff like yeezys or watches etc..
Did we just catch fakewatchbuster??? [emoji50][emoji50][emoji50]

Rex411

Horology Curious
10/3/17
@Tucker - nut punch! Thanks, that led to very humors threads. All these variations on the same theme should be grouped for member enjoyment...and everyone will know never to visit Japan with a rep (lol).

Logan86

Renowned Member
27/12/14
No one has ever asked if my watch is real. Come on, would you? If you sport a new Rollie everyday and wear crazy shit then yes people will think you are a big fake poser but create a fantasy within your means. I'll be the ass here and say it, my friends know I collect watches and everyone assumes they are real. I've had a few "damn, do you spend all of your money on watches" comments and that's about it. I "play" within my means.

Lastly, who cares? If you have the joy of ownership at a bargain cost then you are the winner. That's why I have a bunch of reps and not just one boring Submariner. Plus, the real fun comes in building them! Wait until that bug hits you.

Reactions: MikeyBugs95

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
Actually I was kinda asked that question. The watch enthusiast looked at my Spectre and commented "nice, James Bond watch right? You get a good deal?" At that point it might as well have been the "is it real" question so I said I got a great deal because it's a rep. I think he said "oh" and just nodded his head like "passed for the real thing, nice rep". Or maybe he said "sorry you couldn't afford the real thing". The place was noisy.