• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Posting a picture using Photobucket

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Tutorial by OldeCrow

Here is a quick and dirty tutorial to get you started.
If anyone wants to add more or make a correction please do so!

I recommend you use tabbed browsing for this procedure in any case you will need to be able to move from photobucket to the forum quickly so either two browser windows or two tabs will be needed to make this easy..

First you need to wander around and develop a general familiarity with Photobucket.
with that out of the way the following picture Illustrates the Image upload buttons for selecting pictures from your computer. Navigate to the picture you want and select it, you can select three pictures or click on the "+add more" text to add more form fields for even more pictures!
upload.jpg

Once you have a picture uploaded you will see your picture with several form fields below it, it will look something like this:
imageuploaded.jpg

The image code tag is the bottom form field you should be able to just click in the field with your mouse and it should "autocopy" to your clipboard (your computer may not autocopy so you will have to copy the entire line of text yourself)
copytoclipboard.jpg

With the image code copied into your clipboard you can switch to the forum post and paste the image code:
rightclickpaste.jpg

you should see something like this:
pasted.jpg

the result of your effort:
e93e274c.gif

Hope that helps some of you!

teisd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/8/09
Post pictures!

Thank you.
I will try to work it out

teisd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/8/09
Posting photos

Hello Daytona4me

I´m with you all way,but there is no picture showing up?
I got the text line,but no photo?
Does it show itself when i push submit?

Thanks for your help!!!

teisd

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
If you want to see the pic as you compose, click the button on the far right of the text box, the one with the two A's on it that says "switch editor mode" when you mouse over it.

Col.

Toolman12345

Horology Curious
10/12/10
The sticky for Photobucket should be - don't use it. Use ImageShack where your pictures are never deleted if you just register once. How many times has anyone seen a Photobucket box saying this photo has been deleted. I've seen plenty on this forum in the short time I've been here. Photobucket sucks, just because they delete pictures left and right. Not trying to be mean, I just get SO tired of seeing the emtpy Photobucket boxes instead of pictures.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
I think this is one source of the problem that you describe: If you move a picture from the album that it was in when you posted it in the forum, the link dies.

It is not technically deleted in this case. Just not where the posted link looks for it.

So the picture will no longer appear in your post.