• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Guide - how to purchase your first rep.

welfare-watch-guy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/18
Awesome post. I'd like to share my experience with purchasing a watch and paying through Western Union. When you use WU you have a couple of options as to how they get your money. The option I chose was to give them my checking account number and bank routing number. It seemed the most convenient since I didn't even have to leave my house. While convenient, I don't recommend using direct bank account debit. Firstly, if you're in the US like me and sending to China, be prepared to have to call them up and explain yourself. They'll want to know who you're sending to and why. DON'T tell them your buying a watch.
The other issue is the delay. There's at least a 4 business day delay. I submitted my payment on a Friday, and so it was the following Thursday before my funds were available to the dealer to receive. If you choose to go WU, its going to be faster and come with less hassle, to just go to an ATM and get cash and take it to the nearest WU desk, likely there's an ATM close by anyway.

Reactions: PatPzKdt

MrOptional

8/10/18
Hi, I am new to this - thank you so much, this is very helpful. Wish I found this post before I started researching watches.

Shoopy

Looking Around
26/7/17
Hi there. At the moment I’m in contact with a TD for a Rolex yacht 116623. It not my first buy but first with this TD. He says it’s possible but it’s not “BP”. I asked if he could explain what bp stands for, and apparently it means that the dial isn’t high, high quality. Anyone experience with bp reps and is it “that” bad? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Hi there. At the moment I’m in contact with a TD for a Rolex yacht 116623. It not my first buy but first with this TD. He says it’s possible but it’s not “BP”. I asked if he could explain what bp stands for, and apparently it means that the dial isn’t high, high quality. Anyone experience with bp reps and is it “that” bad? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Post a link to this watch. I will take a look. BP is the name of one of the higher quality factories. Another is Noob, and a newer maker that is making outstanding Rolex watches is ARF.