• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Guide - how to purchase your first rep.

TimeIsGold

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/10/21
Great post! Helped a lot! I think the most challenging part is finding the right TD who will guide you on the process and make you feel secured.

Algae

Horology Curious
24/9/21
Cackalacky
Thanks so much for writing this up! I'll be coming back to this for each step of my first purchase :)

Grandprixfan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/12/21
Hello. I am not sure if I am in the right area of the forum....but I am looking to buy a Rep IWC Big pilot in GREEN.
I have got some photos from a Rep dealer called https://www.gdwatchclone.ru I am wondering if I can trust them as they are not on the Trusted dealers list.
Has anybody had experience from this dealer?
Thank you for your time. :)

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Buy from them at your own risk. If the deal does not work out right, RWI will NOT help you in sorting it out. Use only RWI Trusted Dealers and read their policies carefully. All the best.

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Hello. I am not sure if I am in the right area of the forum....but I am looking to buy a Rep IWC Big pilot in GREEN.
I have got some photos from a Rep dealer called https://www.gdwatchclone.ru I am wondering if I can trust them as they are not on the Trusted dealers list.
Has anybody had experience from this dealer?
Thank you for your time. :)

Everything gilrob said!!

You're already in the NewMembersArea and aware of what TDs are, so it actually baffles me why you would consider ordering from anywhere else?

Your money though so....caveat emptor if you ignore all the stickies and advice here :eek:hwell:

graukater

Horology Curious
6/1/22
Excellent write up, thanks for saving us all the trouble. Glad you guys are out here providing knowledge for us newbies!

Bpc124

Horology Curious
9/1/22
Brilliant write up, really helpful guide that will help with my first purchase :cool:

Prince_P

Horology Curious
27/11/21
Thanks for the effort to write all of these information which will really help someone who is looking to buy his first rep as me.

I have a question and i hope i am asking on the write place,
as this thread is written 2015 is it still till now the current closest to gen Ceramic submariner is a debate between noob V5 and JF 116610?

thanks.

Disneynut

Looking Around
17/1/22
Great information, thanks for taking the the to write such a detailed guide. I look forward to continuing my education about various rep watches.

PepePepePepe

Looking Around
24/1/22
Thank you for taking the time to do this. Noob here and this was exactly what I needed to get me pointed in the right direction. Thanks again.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I went to this forum and the last post in it was in 2016. It is now 2022. Where now is the best place to go on this site to find a discussion of the best dealers?

Every dealer is different and some members will stay with one dealer, others will move around, it's all subjective.

But they all carry the badge of Trusted Dealer, so you have 25 to choose from

Some members will want quicker delivery because of potential UK stock, others are happy to wait for Chinese deliveries. Some dealers have instant, near chat bot responses, others you'll be waiting for a reply.

It's all about what suits you, as you're the one who'll be handing over your money, so you're the one who has to ultimately research and decide.

Best recommendation is to check out the dealer reviews/feedback and that will give you a sense as to what to expect based on recent interactions (if any)

Members will be both positive and negative in their feedback so you'll quickly see the pro' & con's (if any)

Just be sure to use the contact info here:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/trusted-dealers

Bearing in mind the Staff announcement:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...37683-big-warning-do-not-google-td-s-websites

Best of luck