• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need some help on A2836 here

takoxavy

I'm Pretty Popular
8/3/14
Bought a GMT master 2 A2836. When wearing and i shake my wrist can hear a bit of sound in the watch. Is it suppose to be like this or something is loose inside

acetone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/12/13
Aside from the 21j cheapie, I think most other clones should be relatively quiet. Maybe you can pop the case back and see if something is wrong with the rotor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psychom3

Renowned Member
3/3/09
Depends on how good your hearing is. You can hear most rotors turn even on a lot of gens. The sound should be smooth and mechanical, if it sounds really rough or clunky you may well have an issue. Movement holding screws in particular occasionally get "loose" in the watch.

DVNE

Put Some Respect On My Name
7/11/12
Open the caseback with the ducktape method and post a picture here on what you see inside. It could be a number of things. Rotor screw fell off, loose movement tab or ring, or the rotor bearings just need lube. We can help you with that :)

pam312asia7750

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/9/14
Yep, even genuine watches make sounds, mooth mechanical sounds though, anything else indicates an issue. I have a gen. 47 mm Longines Master Collection. Boy, when that giant rotor gets in motion, I cannot not only hear it but also feel the centrifugal forces in my wrist. Fantastic.

Speaking of A2836, may I ask you to help identifying the movement in the photographs? Its Asian made, sitting inside a Pam025 Special Edition. While the case is not more than ok, the movement seems rather nice.

20140907_143857_zps29c5371c.jpg

20140907_143840_zpse4c6264b.jpg

I think its an Asian ETA28XX. Your comments?

Cheers.

FYI, I am unable to start new posts, and as such I am forced to hijack your posts. I am sorry, but what to do?!

afdaddy

Renowned Member
13/12/13
Hard to tell the movement exactly without better pictures and you moving the rotor a bit....at least for me.

I'd venture to guess that noise you hear is just the rotor spinning....that tends to happen when you shake your wrist.