• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Step By Step Picture Posting Tutorial

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
Posting images to the forum has given members a little difficulty, so I have written a short tutorial on how to do it and I will include a link to this tutorial with my signature so it could be easily found when someone needs help. Photos are the most important presentation tools when it comes down to our watches!
Firstly you need to host them somewhere. Flickr, Picasa, Imgur or any other picture web hosting site. My platform of choice is Photobucket because its free, and it gives you least complicated access to your pictures. It even gives photo editor, but we will stay away from that for now.
The basic way is very simple. Upload your image to Photobucket (or any host of your choice). After the upload, your pictures should be grouped in a library like this:

Posting_zps3ad43b7b.png

Let us try to post the picture in the red circle – Left Click “LC†(left mouse button) on the picture thumbnail will take you to the desired pic page:

Posting1_zps8482e2ea.png

Here you will find links to share your photo, highlighted in yellow box is the direct link to your photograph. Highlighted in red is the embed link that you will be using to highlight your post with picture. Once you cick on the link it should say "Copied" now go back to your RWI thread post and paste the copied link to the thread window area, if you do it correctly, your picture link should look like that:

Posting2_zps07b919e7.png

At this stage it is important to check:

1. Correct
embed brackets.
2. How the image will look WITHOUT POSTING IT YET! Hit that "GO ADVANCED" button.

The next screen should look similar to the one below:

Posting3_zpseecaf07e.png

You are almost done! The only one thing left for you is to hit that SUBMIT REPLY button!!!
Tad-ah!
!!!
Congratulations, you just posted your first picture thread!!!!

I would like to thank Ryan for supplying model for this tutorial!

NOTE: If you
have any questions please dont hesitate and post them here, please don't PM me!
If you are having problems with posting using different hosting platforms et me know, I might create tutorial if high demand. Enjoy your pictures on RWI and keep them coming!

B Train

7/1/14
I just used this to post photos of my first purchase, THANK YOU for doing this!!!

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Max size is 600x800 so resize them first!

franlicious

18/12/13
Hello, Maybe someone can help - am using Image shack so I dont see option for IMG. I just see Direct, Forum, ALt Forum and HTML so I dont know which one to use. None seem to wrk. Secondly I do not see a "go advanced" button. Just to clarify, i am selling some watches so I am trying to do this on message screen where I give description of watch. I think I got that right. Anyway, help would be appreciated. Thanks.

franlicious

18/12/13
ok I tried via photobucket and when I pasted the copied link to the message area it did not display "sorry this person moved image" it just displayed the link? I did resize before too.

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
Please use DIRECT image location with
embed brackets. For some reason Photobucket does not show the IMG source ling for mobile devices. PM me if you'll have any more problems with posting pictures.

franlicious

18/12/13
half way there

I see that this works for posting. I got it now. However, for selling a watch, I have not figured out how to post pics. If it the same process then I cant find the Go Advanced button, if its different process, please let me know. Thanks.

Danboy93

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/12/13
Hello,
I'm still having trouble uploading pictures when i copy the link and try post it in the thread it keeps saying in a box popping up on my screen with this message:

Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated, than you