• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

FOR NEW MEMBERS: Read immediately after your first order!

Torky

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/5/20
So much ‘good to know’ here! It’s much appreciated.

Tjc24

22/4/16
Good to know before I place my first order, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

ra1n

Known Member
29/7/20
This is a fantastic article, detailed and informative, thank you very much! :clap_1::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Maro-JAPAN

Horology Curious
11/8/20
This post has inspired me to keep a calm mind.
Thank you for a great article.

TimeToThyme

Looking Around
14/12/16
Hi everyone. I've been a lurking member on here since 2016. This is my first post since I didn't have much to add, being I never purchased a rep before. I am an avid watch collector.
After many years of debating whether to buy a rep from a TD, I finally pulled the trigger a month ago. I ordered an Omega Planet Ocean OMF, from Trustytime. it's an awesome watch and it has no issues.

Since I had no issues, I ordered a Panerai 312Lum. 1950 3 day VSF super clone P9000 from him. It just arrived a few hours ago. Beautiful watch. ...But, when trying to advance the date, the hour hand (alone) moves. So I have to cycle 24 hours for each day to change the date. This isn't the proper function according to the video on the web site. It still is usable, but I'm a bit disappointed.

I contacted Andrew and am waiting for a reply. I very much doubt I will send it back for repair. I may have it repaired locally.
I was intending to purchase more watches from him. I guess I'll have to toss the idea around a bit.

But anyway, I thought I'd share my experience with the members.

Thanks

TimeToThyme

Looking Around
14/12/16
An update: I received a reply from Andrew. He told me that this is the correct operation for setting the date.

I have since looked at a gen, and found it is indeed the correct way to set the date.
I was thrown off by the video on their web site showing a different operation.

But I am very pleased to find it is all good.
It is a beautiful. beefy watch.

I love it. And I look forward to my next watch. Probably a Sub or Sea Dweller.

Thanks guys (and girls) ..

Zees Watchdiary

Come on you Reds!
Gold Patron
2/1/22
Great post and an excellent resource for a newbie like me - puts my mind at ease knowing what to expect. Cant wait to get started in this hobby.

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Thank you OP for clearing these things for newbies

baibox

Looking Around
17/5/22
Thanks a lot for this post, I have yet not ordered anything. But soon I will!

taters

Horology Curious
2/8/22
Thought I'd best read this as I just placed my first order.
Informative, thanks.

H8redlights

28/9/22
Thank you M, for your time and knowledge!

Another great must read and more