• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

FOR NEW MEMBERS: Read immediately after your first order!

tflores0912

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/12/19
US
Let me just stop your postwhoring right now

It hasn't gone unnoticed

If I see a sale from you in the next 2 months I will ban you from this forum

I was actually reading and confirming for a TD on the three different threads that I commented on to confirm I am a member on here.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
I was actually reading and confirming for a TD on the three different threads that I commented on to confirm I am a member on here.
So post whoring to trick a TD into thinking you're an active member? Got it. Which TD I will tell them all about you

Sent from my Noob v9.5

tflores0912

Banned
3/12/19
US
So post whoring to trick a TD into thinking you're an active member? Got it. Which TD I will tell them all about you

Sent from my Noob v9.5

If you re-read my response to you maybe you will better understand what I wrote. It was the TD's request to read and understand basic rules before he made a sell to me. Nobody was tricked into anything dude. Take it down a notch bud. It some thing was done wrong Pm me and we can also Pm the Td so make sure this does not happen again.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
If you re-read my response to you maybe you will better understand what I wrote. It was the TD's request to read and understand basic rules before he made a sell to me. Nobody was tricked into anything dude. Take it down a notch bud. It some thing was done wrong Pm me and we can also Pm the Td so make sure this does not happen again.

No need for me to re read your response to me bud. Funny in all my years here I've never heard this one before. So did the TD give you specific threads and said go comment in these threads or is this something you took upon yourself?

Telling me to "take it down a notch" and suggesting I didnt understand what you said isnt the smartest path to showing you are a member in good standing on RWI to the TD's.

If I were you I would pull my head

Sent from my Noob v9.5

tflores0912

Banned
3/12/19
US
No need for me to re read your response to me bud. Funny in all my years here I've never heard this one before. So did the TD give you specific threads and said go comment in these threads or is this something you took upon yourself?

Telling me to "take it down a notch" and suggesting I didnt understand what you said isnt the smartest path to showing you are a member in good standing on RWI to the TD's.

If I were you I would pull my head

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Yes they were specific threads which were the ones I commented on. Your immediate comments to postwhoring and threatening to ban from sales post is why I commented the way I did. I never planned to sell on here nor did I ever mention selling. I simply was trying a new TD which I have not bought from in the past and this was the request to gain trust that I have read and understood basic rules.

thewelshone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/1/20
I'm not at all nervous over waiting for a watch to arrive. Regarding the point about receiving a broken watch, do you think its better to recieve a watch from a local dealer in this case as it potentially travels less of a distance from QC (I guess?) and therefore lowers the risk of damage.

As a newbie, I'm not sure where I'd be able to take the watch to have it cleaned etc and when already spending $600+ on a watch, it does make me slightly nervous.

Perhaps after reading more threads, I'll know the answers but I've been here a few days and the place is full of new info every corner I turn! :)

Themacdaddy

Looking Around
26/1/20
I'm not at all nervous over waiting for a watch to arrive. Regarding the point about receiving a broken watch, do you think its better to recieve a watch from a local dealer in this case as it potentially travels less of a distance from QC (I guess?) and therefore lowers the risk of damage.

As a newbie, I'm not sure where I'd be able to take the watch to have it cleaned etc and when already spending $600+ on a watch, it does make me slightly nervous.

Perhaps after reading more threads, I'll know the answers but I've been here a few days and the place is full of new info every corner I turn! :)

I have to agree. I really want to make my first purchases but the risk of getting a DOA watch on arrival is putting me off. If, like you, I know of a place that would service it locally I would definitely go ahead then. I will do more research locally to see if I can find that person.

thewelshone

12/1/20
I have to agree. I really want to make my first purchases but the risk of getting a DOA watch on arrival is putting me off. If, like you, I know of a place that would service it locally I would definitely go ahead then. I will do more research locally to see if I can find that person.

Hey Mac,

I've done so much research here and it seems very safe when buying off the Trusted Dealers.. the community is so helpful too.

altabird

Horology Curious
13/2/20
Very helpful info.. thank you. Rule of the road are great to help set expectations and alleviate unnecessary concerns and worry.

FPSMonkey

Banned
11/9/18
true, the watch moves a lot of distance before it reaches you. who knows what happens during that journey

Hoosier Watch Guy

29/3/20
Great read. I remember reading this before I ordered my first watch and it brought a good perspective. Patience is the key. While I was still nervous after wiring a couple hundred $ around the globe to someone I didn't know, It all worked out very well. Once you send money to the TD, just sit back and forget about it.
Ordered 2 more watches from same TD and also had great service. I couldn't be happier.
Great comments. This is not Amazon. This is an interesting and different hobby. All of it takes time and patience. Patience for watch to arrive, patience to get you mods, patience to find your parts.
Thank you

PAC

Known Member
1/12/18
Love this information, it gives a lot of light for people. Thank you

Hamilton148

Looking Around
29/4/20
Great advice, looking forward to making my first purchase. Do you have any advice on how to find a watch smith or repair person to do a servicing?

man5on90

Even a Copy Gives You a Distinctive Feeling
Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
Makes perfect sense, thanks. I did my research and ordered through Li of jtime. Their customer service and communication are fantastic. So glad I found this forum. People here are very helpful.

s2kfreedman

Looking Around
9/5/20
This was a great read especially for someone brand new to this unknown “side of lie”