• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

FOR NEW MEMBERS: Read immediately after your first order!

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
I've noticed a problem across the boards that occurs with many new members making first time orders...I understand that many people come to the forums to gain knowledge for purchasing a replica watch and discover the trusted dealers through stumbling into their section or posting a "where to buy the best replica?" question, either way inevitably a lot of new members wind up using the TD'S(Trusted dealers) for their first replica purchase without doing proper research prior to making their order, this can be a recipe for disaster for the new member and the dealer....I'm writing this post not to discourage new members from ordering but rather to help them to know what to expect and hopefully avoid compromising situations for the new member as well as the dealer...

1. After your order is made and you've accepted your QC(quality control) pictures, HAVE PATIENCE! Your watch will arrive. There's no need to get jumpy just because the tracking number isn't working and there is not a set time limit on a watch being mailed from another country. It is unacceptable behavior here, or any of the forums to file a paypal dispute because you haven't received your watch in the imaginary timeframe that you set. You do not need Paypal to protect you from our dealers, that is why they are considered TRUSTED. So forget any kind of PayPal deadline!

2. When your watch arrives there is no guarantee that the watch will have survived through the abuse that can happen while it's in transit, so please DO NOT PANIC if your watch has a problem, however unlikely, it happens. This does not mean that the dealer you chose is a crook or a scammer, it just means that a delicate piece of machinery was abused by a careless postal worker. This is where many new guys go wrong! This kind of thing while unfortunate is NOT unlikely, in fact it's quite frequent and to be expected. If you stay with this hobby you will find yourself in this predicament occasionally! When I receive a replica many times the first thing I do is send it to a trusted watch smith to be serviced and cleaned and sometimes to be repaired. These watches are assembled in unacceptable conditions many times, therefore it is expected that there could be loose screws, debris in the movement and a whole battery of things that can affect the workings of something so delicate and temperamental. I'm not saying that your going to receive a broken watch, what I am saying is that it can happen and if your luck is like mine, go ahead and plan for it! On the other hand you could just as easily receive a watch that will last, as-is, forever, so here are your options in the event of being faced with receiving a dead on or shortly after arrival watch:
Option one: contact the dealer and be prepared to return the watch to China AT YOUR EXPENSE and wait for the dealer to repair or replace the watch and return it to you.(the return shipping will be paid by the dealer),,,,Remember the TD's buy the watches from the factory, they do not build them. That means that they are losing money by fixing what a careless postal worker damaged and they're doing it for free because they are good people and value our business.
Option2: Take or send the watch to your own watch smith and have it repaired and/or serviced at your expense.
Option3:before any other actions are taken contact a moderator for assistance and follow their instructions to the letter, PERIOD! Once you've requested the assistance of a moderator DO ONLY WHAT YOUR TOLD no more, no less.

Now me personally I always go for option2, always! What I have done in the past with a dealer that I have a long standing relationship with is to notify him of the condition of the watch immediately upon receiving the DOA watch and request that he discount my next purchase to help cover the cost of the repairs and of coarse forward him a copy of the receipt from the watch smith and a letter with the repairman's email and telephone number so the dealer can contact him if he wished to do so. This was pretty easy to negotiate and my dealer was very glad I mentioned this.
Here's the things that you shouldn't do in the event that your not satisfied with your purchase.:
1. File a or threaten to file a PAYPAL dispute. EVER! This hurts us all and is totally unacceptable. Please consider that your not the only one dealing with this person and by doing this you could cost a lot of people(other then the dealer) a lot of time and money.
2. Post negative statements or pictures in a open thread.
3. Discuss any of this in public. It is between your dealer, you and a moderator if need be.

When things go wrong take a deep breathe and act with a calm head and tongue. These dealers are here to make money and because of that it is in their interest to maintain satisfied clients but they should not and will not be abused by a single member that doesn't care about us or them.
Remember: the dealers, the admin, the moderators and all of your fellow forum members all wish you success and happiness in this wonderful hobby...
Originally posted by me at RWG 5/29/13

HERE IS A LIST OF ALL THE ABBREVIATIONS THAT WE USE COMPILED BY ONE OF OUR TRUSTED DEALERS, HOPE IT HELPS YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON AROUND HERE, IT SURE HELPED ME WHEN I WAS NEW! :
https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/35135-Forum-Terms-amp-Abbreviations

thedoover

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Supporter
Certified
15/6/10
Noob -> "TLDR. Now how do I file a paypal dispute..."

Just kidding. This is the bible for ordering.

Mllster

Looking Around
4/6/13
Hi

I am a newby and was nervous about how long it would be before the tracking number actually worked. Thankfully I have read this post and will now sit back for a while. Great post, well put together and really really helpfull

Cheers

Reactions: Gulley and sukwonee

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Hi

I am a newby and was nervous about how long it would be before the tracking number actually worked. Thankfully I have read this post and will now sit back for a while. Great post, well put together and really really helpfull

Cheers

Glad to be of service MIIster ......and thank all you guys for the kind words.....

On a side note, the day finally came where I received a watch that unfortunately couldn't be repaired by sending it to a watchsmith and after debating all of my options the only real viable path was to send it back, here is my note to the dealer and his response. (dealers name omitted)

Me:

Hi x/x,

I received the 312 today..... I have to say I'm very dissatisfied, there is a piece of the movement loose in the case back.... it's not the rotor, it looks like a piece of decoration,,,,, I could live with that, a pretty simple fix, just apply some glue and done,, however one of the shoulders is damaged as if it was dropped from a high distance and landed on Concrete! The quick release is frozen and will not release,,,,, this I simply don't know how to fix..... please advise on what I should do next... I'm sorry things are going this way,,,,,I'm looking forward to being a long term customer and purchasing many watches in the future with you pending the outcome of this transaction..... please advise....
Thanks x/x/x..... your friend,
Mitch

Dealer:

Hello Dear Mitch

I'm sorry to hear that

Please ship it back..... I will ship to you new one in a few days
with extra asso strap

Address below
XxxxxxxxX
XxxxxxxxxxxxxX
xxxxxxxX

Please let me know tracking number after shipping

Thank you for understanding

Have a great weekend

Please excuse me

Thanks and best regards

X//x

It cost about fifty bucks to send it back,,,,,did I like spending it? Not really.... am I mad at the dealer? Not a bit..... I'm thankful that he is good to his word and is taking care of me as his client.....

Hope this bit helps also....

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Why is everyone so nervous, scared and terrified of a purchase ? How old are you people ? I think you guys need to get out more.

I don't know that B...but they are and it sometimes leads to a mess henceforth the current debacle with PP... and there are a lot of scammers out there,,,,we take for granted how good we've got it..... I wonder how much money is raked in daily from scam rep sites?

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I don't know that B...but they are and it sometimes leads to a mess henceforth the current debacle with PP... and there are a lot of scammers out there,,,,we take for granted how good we've got it..... I wonder how much money is raked in daily from scam rep sites?

Yes. That is true. A good reason for "concern". Scared, nervous, afraid ? No. Besides, at some point when you read the pages of positive reviews on many of our dealers, you have to come to the conclusion that something is clicking correctly. Not to mention the amount of people who post here regularly. We wouldn't have 60,000 active members if everyone was getting fleeced of their money.

If it troubles your little heart so much to send money to China, we have an entire M2M sales section. You can make a purchase from one of the many outstanding members that we have. You'll have tracking info the next day 99% of the time, and you'll feel like you're on Amazon. Pretty simple. Come on folks. Let's get it together.

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Great point... I use M2M sales quite regularly but I'm far more cautious buying from a member that I don't know or doesn't have much of a track record then I am from the dealers...

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I agree. That's why you will see watches of folks with no track record sit there for days. This hobby requires the use of common sense. I know that is lost in society for the most part. But using it here will save you a lot of headaches.

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
Great read for a noob like me who just made his first purchase. And is now in the wait cycle of his journey.

Reactions: Watchotl

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Great read for a noob like me who just made his first purchase. And is now in the wait cycle of his journey.

Thanks Dave, glad it helped....remember to post pics of your new watch in the appropriate section after it arrives..... Good Luck....

jhamm12

Looking Around
31/7/13
Thanks so much for this information. It really is common sense and helps me see the big picture of how the whole system works!

I just found this site last week after shopping for reps on Canal St. On my plane ride home I kept wishing I could find a way to buy better reps and then I found RWI. Wow, I'm really impressed with RWI and its' members. I have spent countless hours reading posts this week and I made my first purchase yesterday. I am so thankful to find trusted dealers!! Thanks to all and keep up the good work!

Reactions: Branston5874

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Thanks so much for this information. It really is common sense and helps me see the big picture of how the whole system works!

I just found this site last week after shopping for reps on Canal St. On my plane ride home I kept wishing I could find a way to buy better reps and then I found RWI. Wow, I'm really impressed with RWI and its' members. I have spent countless hours reading posts this week and I made my first purchase yesterday. I am so thankful to find trusted dealers!! Thanks to all and keep up the good work!

I'm glad I could assist in some small way.... Good luck to you in the wonderful world of reps! :cheese: