• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

FOR NEW MEMBERS: Read immediately after your first order!

Vince_Shanghai

Horology Curious
30/4/19
Thanks for this info. Relatively new to this, but as a person living in China for a long time, a couple of other things to suggest -
1. Remember in communication or dispute that English may not be the native language of your TD based in China and they'll heavily rely on things like Baidu Translate - so keep the language accurate, precise and free from colloquialisms if you want to be understood. Be patient.
2. Setup a WeChat account - not only for near immediate communication, but all of the TDs will generally post a lot of pics in their 'Moments'. Might even score a discount for payment by WeChat.

Mvmtaddict

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/19
I guess the main lesson here is to be patient and respect one another.

gatty

Known Member
30/5/19
Texas
Thanks for the acronym's....it's been doing my head in working them out myself!

ACL-REP

18/5/19
Seattle, WA
Hi Folks,

I just received my first rep (Omega PO Chrono / OM factory). I was excited to get it because it has taken a while to source, almost 2 months but no problem there.

The problem is that it arrived DOA. Bummer, but I had sort of prepared myself for any number of problems, doa, customs, etc since I've been reading around here for the past year or so.

Now I'm debating on whether to send it back (it looks AMAZING by the way) or whether I should try to find someone to repair it. Since it's a chrono A7750 I'm afraid it may be hard to find someone to work on it or it may cost a small fortune to fix it.

Any thoughts on what you guys would do?

June-24-19-s.jpg

ACL-REP

18/5/19
Seattle, WA
Any thoughts on what you guys would do?

To answer my own dilemma, I went ahead and sent it back to the TD. He told me no one has any stock on these now so I'm hoping that maybe they can fix it...
I thought about trying to have it fixed stateside but I decided to see if my TD can sort it out.

n0ypi

Horology Curious
30/7/19
thanks for the info - great read for new members

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

RollieDave

Horology Curious
15/11/19
Los Angeles
Does anyone here have any recommendations/suggestions on how to go about finding a warchmaker bear you that can possibly fix reps?

I'm a new member and my first two purchases have been fantastic (from the communication with the sellers as well with the watches that arrived) but I'm anticipating receiving a watch that is DOA at some point in this hobby and don't have any idea as to where I'd take a rep to get looked at. My first instinct is to take it to one of those small little watch shops that one frequently sees at a mall. Wanted to see what experience anyone here has had in that arena.