• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

FOR NEW MEMBERS: Read immediately after your first order!

TastyTreats

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/5/12
Never Land
Great Information to all New Members. Is there anyway this can be sent to a noob via PM when they first join the forum. You know like a welcome email/package that the forum encourages them to read before posting or purchasing.

TastyTreats

Henío

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/8/13
Wow, an absolutely amazing post. Great job. I think that everyone should read and obey by these simple yet insightful suggestions. Great job!

Chrononna

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/10/13
i can't agree more, this is really a powerful defense for retailer, in fact, sometimes, i thinks the dealers are such innocent for taking all unexpected accident during the mailing, yes,. sometimes i said, lol. anyway, great post!!

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Glad to be of service MIIster ......and thank all you guys for the kind words.....

On a side note, the day finally came where I received a watch that unfortunately couldn't be repaired by sending it to a watchsmith and after debating all of my options the only real viable path was to send it back, here is my note to the dealer and his response. (dealers name omitted)

Me:

Hi x/x,

I received the 312 today..... I have to say I'm very dissatisfied, there is a piece of the movement loose in the case back.... it's not the rotor, it looks like a piece of decoration,,,,, I could live with that, a pretty simple fix, just apply some glue and done,, however one of the shoulders is damaged as if it was dropped from a high distance and landed on Concrete! The quick release is frozen and will not release,,,,, this I simply don't know how to fix..... please advise on what I should do next... I'm sorry things are going this way,,,,,I'm looking forward to being a long term customer and purchasing many watches in the future with you pending the outcome of this transaction..... please advise....
Thanks x/x/x..... your friend,
Mitch

Dealer:

Hello Dear Mitch

I'm sorry to hear that

Please ship it back..... I will ship to you new one in a few days
with extra asso strap

Address below
XxxxxxxxX
XxxxxxxxxxxxxX
xxxxxxxX

Please let me know tracking number after shipping

Thank you for understanding

Have a great weekend

Please excuse me

Thanks and best regards

X//x

It cost about fifty bucks to send it back,,,,,did I like spending it? Not really.... am I mad at the dealer? Not a bit..... I'm thankful that he is good to his word and is taking care of me as his client.....

Hope this bit helps also....
yes this is what i always say, ship it back and i will get it fix or replaced...but please be polite, don't start jumping on me. I see your email was very polite and even apologize...my salute to you mitch!

In fact i have a case exactly like yours, i came across twice last month. First was i found it at the fact and immediately change it. Second was a delivered 505, that part you mentioned came off after my customer dropped it onto the floor. Crystal busted, but case set is as new..(i think i posted the pics at the Pam section)

We always excited and honored to serve members customers like you...thank you Sir!

John

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Thanks John and all that have made such nice commentary,

All was handled with the 312, just as the dealer promised. My mama, God rest her soul, used to tell me "You can catch more flies with honey than salt... " this has proven true my entire life. Lol

I'm glad to see this post is doing the job it was written to do.... It's nice to lend some assistance to new members,,,,it's easy to get anxious when your money's at stake.....

Reactions: Gulley

Warfordd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/11/13
On my first rep the tracking number only worked after I had received the watch, was pooing myself waiting!

surv

13/1/13
Thank you for this post. I think some of hot heads should have read this before they started ripping certain TDs reputations apart in the reviews. Great help! Happy New Year to all of you guys! :)

B Train

7/1/14
Great write-up!!!
I'm not at all concerned about anything bad happening with my order but it's nice to know you all look out for each other on both sides.
It was a bit surreal to read about the camaraderie here but I see now that it's legit.
Anyway- enough blubbering, the DARK SIDE ROCKS.

AlkaPalka

Looking Around
1/5/14
Great place to start - I am looking to buy my first watch from a TD here and appreciated the insights.

japie007

Known Member
20/6/14
Is it just more or is the link about abbreviations not working any longer?
Besides that, great read thanks for the info!

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Thanks for all the kind comments, I'm happy these few tips have assisted so many....the abbreviation link has now been updated in the original post...

PP123

14/8/14
Hey Mitch,

Thank you. That was very helpful.

Regards,