• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A little on QC pics.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
QC pics are to satisfy YOU that the watch is OK to YOUR standards, that there are no crooked indices, missing lume, offset chrono hands etc. QC pics are not for picking tells or things that are present in every example of a model such as spelling errors, happy feet, wrong lume colour etc. These things you should be aware of already either by reading or by posting a thread before you order and asking about the issues with whatever model you wish to buy.

QC pics should only be posted if you have some doubt and need to ask a question such as "Hey guys, the lume on the 6 looks a bit wonkey to me, should I let it go or ask for another watch?" or "Is the SEL gap on this excessive or is that normal on this model?" or even "I was told this is a V3.5 but I'm not sure, is it?" That sort of thing, not a general "can anyone see anything wrong?"

This is the norm across all the boards. The reason is to prevent self claimed "experts" chiming in with shit like "Don't accept this, the date is .0001 of a mm off centre!" or "this version is shit, you should have got the V 27.32". The first is answerable by remembering it's a rep and the second is outside the scope of QC pics. This sort of bullshit results in watches being rejected for no good reason and the dealers get stuck with a watch they cannot return as there is nothing wrong with it. The noob who asked also then ends up with an unrealistic expectation of what he can expect. That helps no one.

You should all be grateful you have QC pics at all, it was only 4 or so years ago they did not exist. Try to think of anything else you buy on line where you get QC pics? You can't can you? The dealers hate them, it would be very easy for me to have them stopped. One email to all the dealers telling them all to stop would be all it would take and if QC pics begin to have an effect on the livelihood of our dealers (and thus the cost of reps in general) I will do so. The guy who had this bright idea first is no longer even a dealer here.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I am closing threads and removing pics in all threads of QC pics without clear detected flaws or intersting comments to discussion.
I know some Moderators are doing the same, even someone have given some infraction to members publishing QC pics.

Could Staff establish a rule to give infraction to the member publishing this kind of QC pics ?

It will result in a general profit

In other way Dealers could avoid this useful and helpful practice.

ALE

Reactions: joeyc

airfix163

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
7/5/14
all good info,well said

Gold1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/13
So, when buying from a trusted dealer on here they are required to send QC pics?????

myor

Renowned Member
10/11/14
So, when buying from a trusted dealer on here they are required to send QC pics?????

No. Some dealers always send QC, some you have to ask. Check out TD's section and read some reviews and what is the policy of each one.

Reactions: MaxAndPaddy

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
About time this had a bump.

Desmosidici

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/15
Question, I thought that posting QC pics are not allowed at all. I've seen a couple of moderator post starting this. So just to clarify...for a newbie like me that's been researching and reading alot about a certain watch before ordering and then finally went and purchased from a TD, Could I still ask and post a qc pic of something I myself have noticed?

Being New and all, I just need a little reassurance about things at the same time threading that line between nitpicking a rep vs. Actually noting something really out of the norm.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
If there is something that You think is wrong with the rep, then yes post qc pics and members will I'm sure help.

To post pics and ask "what you think is it ok"

Will get the thread a new home in the looney bin

S???R?I????? :sharrkey: