• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A little on QC pics.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Pah! These noobs, I can remember when rehauts were so wocky you needed to take the noodles out to read the time!
They used to look like a little skateboard park.

flukezilla

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
18/12/23
QC pics are to satisfy YOU that the watch is OK to YOUR standards, that there are no crooked indices, missing lume, offset chrono hands etc. QC pics are not for picking tells or things that are present in every example of a model such as spelling errors, happy feet, wrong lume colour etc. These things you should be aware of already either by reading or by posting a thread before you order and asking about the issues with whatever model you wish to buy.

QC pics should only be posted if you have some doubt and need to ask a question such as "Hey guys, the lume on the 6 looks a bit wonkey to me, should I let it go or ask for another watch?" or "Is the SEL gap on this excessive or is that normal on this model?" or even "I was told this is a V3.5 but I'm not sure, is it?" That sort of thing, not a general "can anyone see anything wrong?"

This is the norm across all the boards. The reason is to prevent self claimed "experts" chiming in with shit like "Don't accept this, the date is .0001 of a mm off centre!" or "this version is shit, you should have got the V 27.32". The first is answerable by remembering it's a rep and the second is outside the scope of QC pics. This sort of bullshit results in watches being rejected for no good reason and the dealers get stuck with a watch they cannot return as there is nothing wrong with it. The noob who asked also then ends up with an unrealistic expectation of what he can expect. That helps no one.

You should all be grateful you have QC pics at all, it was only 4 or so years ago they did not exist. Try to think of anything else you buy on line where you get QC pics? You can't can you? The dealers hate them, it would be very easy for me to have them stopped. One email to all the dealers telling them all to stop would be all it would take and if QC pics begin to have an effect on the livelihood of our dealers (and thus the cost of reps in general) I will do so. The guy who had this bright idea first is no longer even a dealer here.

QC pics are to satisfy YOU that the watch is OK to YOUR standards, that there are no crooked indices, missing lume, offset chrono hands etc. QC pics are not for picking tells or things that are present in every example of a model such as spelling errors, happy feet, wrong lume colour etc. These things you should be aware of already either by reading or by posting a thread before you order and asking about the issues with whatever model you wish to buy.

QC pics should only be posted if you have some doubt and need to ask a question such as "Hey guys, the lume on the 6 looks a bit wonkey to me, should I let it go or ask for another watch?" or "Is the SEL gap on this excessive or is that normal on this model?" or even "I was told this is a V3.5 but I'm not sure, is it?" That sort of thing, not a general "can anyone see anything wrong?"

This is the norm across all the boards. The reason is to prevent self claimed "experts" chiming in with shit like "Don't accept this, the date is .0001 of a mm off centre!" or "this version is shit, you should have got the V 27.32". The first is answerable by remembering it's a rep and the second is outside the scope of QC pics. This sort of bullshit results in watches being rejected for no good reason and the dealers get stuck with a watch they cannot return as there is nothing wrong with it. The noob who asked also then ends up with an unrealistic expectation of what he can expect. That helps no one.

You should all be grateful you have QC pics at all, it was only 4 or so years ago they did not exist. Try to think of anything else you buy on line where you get QC pics? You can't can you? The dealers hate them, it would be very easy for me to have them stopped. One email to all the dealers telling them all to stop would be all it would take and if QC pics begin to have an effect on the livelihood of our dealers (and thus the cost of reps in general) I will do so. The guy who had this bright idea first is no longer even a dealer here.
So sorry for the mistake on the post. I'm removing them now. Thank you for the info.

flukezilla

Supporter
Certified
18/12/23
So I'll ask this. Delete my profile and my posts if that will remedy the issue that I apparently created. It's not a big deal for me to not be a member of the forum. I don't really care that much. I am again truly sorry if the pissed you all off enough to write a diatribe of a response. I only posted them because I have never had a rep and don't know what to look for. I can't see a way to remove my posts or my profile so any help would be appreciated. Again, my sincere apologies.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
So I'll ask this. Delete my profile and my posts if that will remedy the issue that I apparently created. It's not a big deal for me to not be a member of the forum. I don't really care that much. I am again truly sorry if the pissed you all off enough to write a diatribe of a response. I only posted them because I have never had a rep and don't know what to look for. I can't see a way to remove my posts or my profile so any help would be appreciated. Again, my sincere apologies.
Take it easy, you only made a mistake, no reason to delete your profile. Continue reading and enjoying the forum and don't take stuff too personally, things might get heated now and again, but we all move on.

Fiddo

-----
Gold Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Live and learn. No one is likely to remember you posted QC pics. Not sure what "diatribe" you are referring to, though. Regardless, stick around. Have fun!

flukezilla

Supporter
Certified
18/12/23
Live and learn. No one is likely to remember you posted QC pics. Not sure what "diatribe" you are referring to, though. Regardless, stick around. Have fun!
Thank you for being understanding. After 20 years of ignoring my diagnosis, I have decided it was time for me to address my severe PTSD from the trauma I suffered downtown NYC on 9/11 so I tend to take things very personally these days. Just don't want to upset anyone and please know if I'm short with a response, there is no ill will there. I appreciate you all allowing me to remain in the forum. It's kind of you.

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Thank you for being understanding. After 20 years of ignoring my diagnosis, I have decided it was time for me to address my severe PTSD from the trauma I suffered downtown NYC on 9/11 so I tend to take things very personally these days. Just don't want to upset anyone and please know if I'm short with a response, there is no ill will there. I appreciate you all allowing me to remain in the forum. It's kind of you.
Having PTSD myself from a car accident a while back I know how you feel (although my car accident is nothing in comparison to the tragedy that happened on 9/11).
The way you are responding is the correct way to get a positive response from other members 👍 See you around buddy (hopefully you make your way down to the Looney Bin sometime 🤪).

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
You can quote me on this. There is nothing you have done on this forum that would offend anyone. You are very welcome to enjoy or use RWI as a distraction to your hearts content. Welcome to the Darkside and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have :)

Reactions: P..DR..D and g00n

DarioM6611

‘Good fences make good neighbors.’
Supporter
6/8/23
Italy
It is simpler than that I believe. They are all buying the same watches. PAM 111s, 116610s or whatever is the most recognisable luxury watch of the time. You will not finding them browsing the JLC, A. L&S or even Omega sections on TD site. It will generally be Rolex. They only buy one. They want it perfect so they can pretend to their: granny; boss; tinder hook up; grinder hook up; work colleagues; business associates; insta followers; general social media followers; cat; dog or whatever, that they are successful and/or important. They are only fooling themselves and no one really gives a crap when it is all said and done.

They are not rep watch hobbists with stupid collections and they have as much interest in horology as a steaming dog turd. They are ruining it for us rep addicts. So yep this pisses me off big time.
In Italy, almost 80% of Rolex you see on the wrist of people are fake. Believe me, it's not an hyperbole. I saw fake Rolex on the wrist of Police Officer during their service, working class people, etc. How I know they are fakes? Well firstly because they are shit, so obviously that even a noob like me can reveal. And then because it's simply impossible that those people wear a real Rolex. So trying to expose yourself as a rich, successful person, here it's a joke.

Reactions: C Master

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
In Italy, almost 80% of Rolex you see on the wrist of people are fake. Believe me, it's not an hyperbole. I saw fake Rolex on the wrist of Police Officer during their service, working class people, etc. How I know they are fakes? Well firstly because they are shit, so obviously that even a noob like me can reveal. And then because it's simply impossible that those people wear a real Rolex. So trying to expose yourself as a rich, successful person, here it's a joke.
Lol that is my experience of Italy too. I saw more 116610LNs than you could shake a stick at. Some were laughable even at a distance.

Reactions: DarioM6611

DarioM6611

‘Good fences make good neighbors.’
Supporter
6/8/23
Italy
But, having said that, as I am a working class hero too, I really don't understand why they do so. I love watches, but the only gen I had where a couple of Omega. The rep here satisfied my expectations, beautiful to see and pretty well made. It's an hobby, and if someone ask to me I tell the truth, that they are just fakes. It's so sad for me when I see someone of my social class pretending to be what they are not. They only get made fun by others. But maybe I am getting off topic. Sorry, it was just a sudden outburst. Too much Franciacorta.

• Love
Reactions: C Master

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
But, having said that, as I am a working class hero too, I really don't understand why they do so. I love watches, but the only gen I had where a couple of Omega. The rep here satisfied my expectations, beautiful to see and pretty well made. It's an hobby, and if someone ask to me I tell the truth, that they are just fakes. It's so sad for me when I see someone of my social class pretending to be what they are not. They only get made fun by others. But maybe I am getting off topic. Sorry, it was just a sudden outburst. Too much Franciacorta.
What's a "working class hero" ?