• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A little on QC pics.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Unfortunately this time has come. Reps have increased in price incredibly over the last four years due to the amount of uninformed rejections of watches based on QCs.
A single rejected piece for no other reason than 3 a**clown noobs on Reddit telling another noob unsubstantiated criticism of their piece has a multitude of consequences (lost time, lost revenue, increased stress, increased prices) that those people either don't care about or maybe ... Well, you'd have to accuse them of wanting to cause disruption, but I'll do Just that: maybe that do it on purpose. This is one of the main reasons why Reptime sucks.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
A single rejected piece for no other reason than 3 a**clown noobs on Reddit telling another noob unsubstantiated criticism of their piece has a multitude of consequences (lost time, lost revenue, increased stress, increased prices) that those people either don't care about or maybe ... Well, you'd have to accuse them of wanting to cause disruption, but I'll do Just that: maybe that do it on purpose. This is one of the main reasons why Reptime sucks.
It is simpler than that I believe. They are all buying the same watches. PAM 111s, 116610s or whatever is the most recognisable luxury watch of the time. You will not finding them browsing the JLC, A. L&S or even Omega sections on TD site. It will generally be Rolex. They only buy one. They want it perfect so they can pretend to their: granny; boss; tinder hook up; grinder hook up; work colleagues; business associates; insta followers; general social media followers; cat; dog or whatever, that they are successful and/or important. They are only fooling themselves and no one really gives a crap when it is all said and done.

They are not rep watch hobbists with stupid collections and they have as much interest in horology as a steaming dog turd. They are ruining it for us rep addicts. So yep this pisses me off big time.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
True Tv Land GIF by YoungerTV

Reactions: C Master

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
I really think the TDs should give us sane buyers the option to purchase as we did for years. No QC pics and you rely on the trust built up with your dealer. Pay a lower price and expedite the order. I am sure many people could live with this.
There's this Repladies TD who charges for QC. Like 10 bucks. On my last order, I forgot to add that to the total when paying for a bag.

Instead of paying $10 again, I Just told them "Oh well, nevermind. You always deliver top merch, no need for QC. I trust you.". And sure enough, again the bag was absolutely flawless.

Perhaps the watch TDs should consider this?
3Ayxi3.jpg

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
For years I bought from an old TD (Lay from Replicamake) without QC. I never received a bad watch. He's not around anymore but I've purchased consistently from a few we have now. It usually takes 30 seconds of looking at the watch and you're good to go. No need to parade your QC pics from forum to forum like a newborn baby.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Unfortunately this time has come. Reps have increased in price incredibly over the last four years due to the amount of uninformed rejections of watches based on QCs.

It is simpler than that I believe. They are all buying the same watches. PAM 111s, 116610s or whatever is the most recognisable luxury watch of the time. You will not finding them browsing the JLC, A. L&S or even Omega sections on TD site. It will generally be Rolex. They only buy one. They want it perfect so they can pretend to their: granny; boss; tinder hook up; grinder hook up; work colleagues; business associates; insta followers; general social media followers; cat; dog or whatever, that they are successful and/or important. They are only fooling themselves and no one really gives a crap when it is all said and done.

They are not rep watch hobbists with stupid collections and they have as much interest in horology as a steaming dog turd. They are ruining it for us rep addicts. So yep this pisses me off big time.
^^^BOTH OF THESE^^^
QC is the work of the devil, it should never have happened, it's a curse on repdom and if I had my way it would be no more. It is being made even worse by these idiots over on Reddit and their stupid little apps that ignore the fact that for them to function a photo has to be perfectly overhead to the extent you need a archive photo table that holds a camera directly down and aligns the piece being photographed before it will show you the truth of the matter. It's ionsane, [o0ple are pickier about a $300 rep than a 420k gen.

For years I bought from an old TD (Lay from Replicamake)
He's the bloody moronic idiot who started this QC nonsense and I curse him for it to this very day. It was the single worst thing that ever happened to this hobby.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
^^^BOTH OF THESE^^^
QC is the work of the devil, it should never have happened, it's a curse on repdom and if I had my way it would be no more. It is being made even worse by these idiots over on Reddit and their stupid little apps that ignore the fact that for them to function a photo has to be perfectly overhead to the extent you need a archive photo table that holds a camera directly down and aligns the piece being photographed before it will show you the truth of the matter. It's ionsane, [o0ple are pickier about a $300 rep than a 420k gen.

He's the bloody moronic idiot who started this QC nonsense and I curse him for it to this very day. It was the single worst thing that ever happened to this hobby.
I remember when he started that but I used to ignore it and just ask to ship. I completely forgot that he was the first.

Reactions: trailboss99

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Our cat seems duly impressed by my watches. :LOL:
Our cats pay no attention whatsoever. I am very offended. Especially when the alignment of the dial is perfect. They seem like they don't care.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I really think the TDs should give us sane buyers the option to purchase as we did for years. No QC pics and you rely on the trust built up with your dealer. Pay a lower price and expedite the order. I am sure many people could live with this.
Works in theory, but I bought maybe 25+ over the short years I have been here from a TD (not much in comparison to others).

On one of my last orders with them the cyclops was not just misaligned it was ridiculous, plus the extra strap ordered was the wrong colour. It was just a Tag Heuer Aquaracer and he apologised and said yes it was bad, my point is I don’t think TD‘s care about a “relationship“. Well at least not with me :ROFLMAO:

It wasn’t the first that was bad but I stuck with them.

FatJonny

Horology Curious
3/1/21
QC pics are to satisfy YOU that the watch is OK to YOUR standards, that there are no crooked indices, missing lume, offset chrono hands etc. QC pics are not for picking tells or things that are present in every example of a model such as spelling errors, happy feet, wrong lume colour etc. These things you should be aware of already either by reading or by posting a thread before you order and asking about the issues with whatever model you wish to buy.

QC pics should only be posted if you have some doubt and need to ask a question such as "Hey guys, the lume on the 6 looks a bit wonkey to me, should I let it go or ask for another watch?" or "Is the SEL gap on this excessive or is that normal on this model?" or even "I was told this is a V3.5 but I'm not sure, is it?" That sort of thing, not a general "can anyone see anything wrong?"

This is the norm across all the boards. The reason is to prevent self claimed "experts" chiming in with shit like "Don't accept this, the date is .0001 of a mm off centre!" or "this version is shit, you should have got the V 27.32". The first is answerable by remembering it's a rep and the second is outside the scope of QC pics. This sort of bullshit results in watches being rejected for no good reason and the dealers get stuck with a watch they cannot return as there is nothing wrong with it. The noob who asked also then ends up with an unrealistic expectation of what he can expect. That helps no one.

You should all be grateful you have QC pics at all, it was only 4 or so years ago they did not exist. Try to think of anything else you buy on line where you get QC pics? You can't can you? The dealers hate them, it would be very easy for me to have them stopped. One email to all the dealers telling them all to stop would be all it would take and if QC pics begin to have an effect on the livelihood of our dealers (and thus the cost of reps in general) I will do so. The guy who had this bright idea first is no longer even a dealer here.
Makes perfect sense.

desmo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/4/07
Ok I understand. Then my more specific question is on this YSF 116610 is the rehaut angle ok/correct? Is it vertical enough for this factory in relation to the gen?

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator