• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying, selling, avoiding scams and safe dealing

tonbi

Horology Curious
21/11/16
Thank you for the post. Lots of good info for me since I will be purchasing my first rep in the future.

gokkun

Looking Around
9/12/16
This is some next level stuff, thanks for taking the time to do this for us noobs.

Pilgrim

Horology Curious
14/5/17
just making my first purchase and was going to use Western Union, but i have a couple of questions.

1 The price is in US dollars but i can only pay with GBP on western union is this allowed?
2 Should i use western union or would a CC be better?

Pilgrim

yannist

Horology Curious
8/5/17
I would add a few words of advice from a noob to other noobs:

1. You are buying a replica of a watch that may cost thousands to $100K+ if genuine. There is a reason that your rep is $600 and the gen is $75K, and it isn't "marketing expenses and advertising." A rep will have flaws, maybe small, maybe large. Decide up front whether you are the type of person that will freak out about whether the date window on your new AP is to close to the tachy ring or whether you need to have it serviced for $250 at some point.

2. A rep is made somewhere in Guangzhou, probably, by low paid Chinese workers. Quality control on a complex watch like an A7750 is not going to be perfect. You aren't buying from Amazon. Small things can be fixed for less than it costs to send back to China, wait, and finally get it back 3 months later. See what your Trusted Dealer wants you to do (you did buy from a TD, right?). Don't freak out. Work it out with the TD, then the Mods if necessary.

3. The TD's get a bunch of email every day. It's reasonable to expect a response within 24-48 hours if you haven't bought yet -- if you don't get a response, go to another TD. If you have bought, patience is a virtue. They don't have warehouse fulfillment and instant shipping like Amazon. They are going to take care of you.

4. After you have bought, it is definitely fair to expect a reasonable response to a substantive question, but not, "when are you sending it," "when will it get here," or other types of questions that have been answered many times here, such as what "turned over to customs" means, etc. Don't email a TD every hour, getting more and more irritated. There is a time difference, a lot of email, and that takes time. So even if you have bought and are waiting for QC pics, take a deep breath and chill for 72 hours before asking for status. They are TD's here for a reason . . . they generally take care of forum members.

5. Develop a relationship with a TD, so that he knows who you are. A TD that knows who you are is much more likely to help you quickly. My only experience has been with Ryan, Andrew and Joshua, and I can highly recommend them for getting back to me within 24 hours and usually significantly less.

Great info
Do you have contact info for Ryan Andrew and Joshua ? It would be very helpful
Thx in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/3/17
Hi Guys
When we should ask about QC Pictures? Before shipping after payment or after payment and shipping?
What If after payment We will get QC pictures and they will be poor? Is it possible to cancel the order and get back the money?
Thanks

D

d4m.test

All good info. Thank you for sharing.

D

d4m.test

What I could see after an hour that this is a completely different world with enthusiasts, respected Trusted Dealers and the urge to dig deeper into the rabbit’s hole. This is one of the most informative topic so far for me :)

D

d4m.test

How do I find a reputable seller on the internet, can anyone recommend an online company/ site

D

d4m.test

Thank you
Very good information.
I see some of the links posted to sellers have been shut down,I am guessing this is normal.

Si

Piero 88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
4/7/17
United Kingdom
Hi just a question regarding selling. How would i go about listing some of my reps for sale? As in i purchased about 7 watches from a td within the last year but some ive fallen out of love with or dont suit me.

thanks