• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying, selling, avoiding scams and safe dealing

DavidsCoaching

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/17
England
This is excellent advice. A degree of mutual trust (particularly when trading between members) is a requirement here, but there are basic steps that can aid in that and take little to no effort to implement.

phillies0179

Horology Curious
21/11/18
I've always wondered about water resistance- i really need a rep that will keep moisture out and have had bad luck in the past- I'm not talking about swimming or showering, but I need to be able to wash my hands without the watch becoming compromised. If I can't rely on the dealer's water resistance spec, then is this just a guessing game?

This is my concern. I would never wear my rep in the shower or a pool, but in my line of work we wash our hands a lot and it causes me concern. What’s the best way to test for basic resistance?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
This is my concern. I would never wear my rep in the shower or a pool, but in my line of work we wash our hands a lot and it causes me concern. What’s the best way to test for basic resistance?

Mate you should never wear ANY watch in the shower or a spa/hot tub and in fact even Rolex warn against doing so with a sub.
Heat produces pressure which can then leak out and produce a vacuum which corrects when it cools drawing in any moisture present on the case in the process.
The seals are not designed for heat either. Why would one wear a watch in the shower anyways, too lazy to take it off is the only reason I can see.

Kerio

Horology Curious
1/1/19
Thank you very much! Much appreciated. This is very helpful!

Known Member
1/12/21
I need help how to sell on RWI. Read articles, try all methods, doesn’t work. Is anybody help me with full guidance how to do this? Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I need help how to sell on RWI. Read articles, try all methods, doesn’t work. Is anybody help me with full guidance how to do this? Thank you in advance.

Not sure what your issue is tbh.
Just a matter of reading the rules & following them.

All available here:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...les-rules-read-this-or-we-will-set-you-on-fre

M2M rules
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...fre/10098667-rwi-member-to-member-sales-rules

Sales form
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-you-on-fre/10100195-sale-form-rules-tutorial

Best of luck

Known Member
1/12/21

I read all this articles. I try to sell something today, and immediately received nuked massage, saying i can not post sales, and i have read rules. I read again, but can not figure out what i did wrong. Then I decided to be supporter, send massage by following link, no response. Filing up sales form? I don’t see any form there. For me all this like loop, asking one person, then transfer to other one, then to first one again. Loop!!! No clear answer no clear gaudiness. How other members selling here , I don’t know, like dark forest. If someone will guide me step by step , i will be appropriate. Thank you .

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
I would add that it is best to log on to the RWI site with a computer - it then becomes much easier to see the rules and post a fully compliant sale. It’s just easier to navigate on a computer. Also, you ought to become a supporter (see top of every page) if you want to do multiple sales at the same time

Sent from my iPad using RWI

Reactions: P..DR..D

Known Member
1/12/21
I would add that it is best to log on to the RWI site with a computer - it then becomes much easier to see the rules and post a fully compliant sale. It’s just easier to navigate on a computer. Also, you ought to become a supporter (see top of every page) if you want to do multiple sales at the same time

I am by computer now
87d651064e2e14a961ac2b411f57758a.jpg

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I read all this articles. I try to sell something today, and immediately received nuked massage, saying i can not post sales, and i have read rules. I read again, but can not figure out what i did wrong. Then I decided to be supporter, send massage by following link, no response. Filing up sales form? I don’t see any form there. For me all this like loop, asking one person, then transfer to other one, then to first one again. Loop!!! No clear answer no clear gaudiness. How other members selling here , I don’t know, like dark forest. If someone will guide me step by step , i will be appropriate. Thank you .

Am not trying to be rude or argue with you, but you didn't read the rules:

It clearly says you can't use Tapatalk, yet you did, twice.

Because the sales are nuked I can't see what they were.

But for starters, you cannot do the sale on Tapatalk.
You have to use the sales form outside of Tapatalk, on your desktop/laptop etc, in a browser like chrome for example.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-sales/8527133-sale-form-tutorial

Anything approximately (or above) $750, requires you to be a supporter by sending a PM to Trailboss99 & becoming a supporter/Patron.

That involves paying a fee to the site. If you have PM'd him, just wait for his instructions and then your name will turn yellow. Am sure he's a very busy man, so you will get a reply, just may take a while and follow his instructions.

If you're trying to sell <$750, it's as simple as using the sales form and following the rules.

Good luck.

Known Member
1/12/21
Am not trying to be rude or argue with you, but you didn't read the rules:

It clearly says you can't use Tapatalk, yet you did, twice.

Because the sales are nuked I can't see what they were.

But for starters, you cannot do the sale on Tapatalk.
You have to use the sales form outside of Tapatalk, on your desktop/laptop etc, in a browser like chrome for example.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-sales/8527133-sale-form-tutorial

Anything approximately (or above) $750, requires you to be a supporter by sending a PM to Trailboss99 & becoming a supporter/Patron.

That involves paying a fee to the site. If you have PM'd him, just wait for his instructions and then your name will turn yellow. Am sure he's a very busy man, so you will get a reply, just may take a while and follow his instructions.

If you're trying to sell
Good luck.

Let me try do on computer. Thank you

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Let me try do on computer. Thank you

Cool, once you're outside of Tapatalk the form should work ok. Good luck with your sale, whatever it is :thumbsup: