• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Before you register!

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Welcome to RWI. Although it seems presumptuous to start giving you instructions and recommendations before you even register, a couple of hints will make your life easier (and by extension, the collective staff lives) right from the outset.

First, choose your username with some care. Yes, if you decide that your username is not suitable at some point, it can be changed, but it would be much nicer if you would select wisely from the outset. We recommend that you do not use your email address, website URL, or actual names. Also, if you belong to multiple forums, you may not wish to use the same screen name for every one.

Remember that although this is a friendly forum, the subject matter is not one that you would necessarily want to advertise and we've had to scramble to change usernames and scrub posts in the past when people have wanted to interview for jobs later. Your username can potentially be linked to RWI posts in the future, so bear this in mind if you choose a traceable one.

Second, hotmail addresses are being routinely rejected by RWI's servers, and we get several help desk tickets daily from members with hotmail addresses who never get their activation emails. Live.com may also be afflicted, but it seems to be to a lesser extent. So please choose an alternate email address, or if you don't have another one already, open a free gmail account to use for registration.

We hope that you will enjoy your time spent on RWI and welcome to the family!

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
I am one of the ones who asked to have my name changed. I have been using the same screen name on every forum for the last 10 or so years. After seeing people quoting our posts on other forums, I felt the need to switch user names. It's much easier if you all choose wisely and don't use the same screen name on every forum.

blaze4v

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/8/13
I thought it would be a good idea to have the same name ONLY on the rep forums, and obviously different on the gen and other forums.

v5cog5

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/6/12
Hi
i am having difficulty in getting my account activated as I keep getting the following message when trying to view certain pages

vBulletin Message
v5cog5, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home

please can you guide me in what I have to do to be activated?
Best regards

Fiddo

-----
Gold Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Hi
i am having difficulty in getting my account activated as I keep getting the following message when trying to view certain pages

vBulletin Message
v5cog5, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home

please can you guide me in what I have to do to be activated?
Best regards

Probably seeing that because you have more than one account...... Click on the red "Helpdesk" button at the top of the page and file a ticket. A Mod will then help you.

dudik

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
14/4/15
Me too. I can Not creat a new topic. I search already many hours but I can not find the solution.
Anyone can Help ?

JoSha

2/7/22
London UK
This is good advice, thank you. I set up a Protonmail address today for the purchase/s I hope to make. At time of posting (July 2022) they're offering accounts without requiring a phone number or other verification, unlike Gmail.

Last edited:

lost-cavalier

prisoner of time
Supporter
Certified
5/11/22
Good opsec to use different usernames on different forums to prevent profiling someone, and different passwords and email accounts to sign up so that should a site be breached, the blast radius is smaller - I am busy working my way through the newbie section and so far all the advice has been spot on! Great work :)