• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

FAQ

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
Frequently Asked Questions

1 -What is a replica watch?
2 -Is a replica right for me?
3 -What are the different grades of replicas?
4 -Is this the same as all the other replica sites?
5 -Why are there four forums?
6 -Where can I buy a replica?
7 -Who has the best ________?

1 - What is a replica?
Most popular makes of fine watches are prone to having their designs copied by manufacturers of replica watches. These watches sell from as little as $10 to several hundred dollars -- but $100-350 appears to be the most common range. They vary from generic look-alike to exacting reproductions of the exteriors of the genuine watch. Often, even details such as the manufacturers logo, serial numbers, and other markings are reproduced. Many even match the interior workings with remarkable detail.

Quality and durability can vary. Some dealers sell watches that, with proper care and service, can last as long as there genuine counterparts. While some watches may fall apart in a very short period of time.

Many makers of these watches appear to mainly be making replicas of current and recent model watches. There is a smaller market for replicas of older and vintage watches, but they are available.

Possessing such a watch is not illegal. But the maker and sellers of the replicas are usually in violation of the legal copyrights on the original manufacturer's copyrights and trademarks.

2 - Is a replica right for me?

By the WatchMan

If you’re considering buying a replica watch for the first time, you have many questions, and many emotions. Questions that are simple to answer like… Is it well made, does it keep time, what is the guarantee, am I getting ripped off. But the really big question that is in your mind right now is … “WILL I FEEL LIKE A FOOL WEARING A FAKE WATCH?â€

Franke

Tech Team
Advisor
28/5/10
FAQ forum re-designed. Find a lot of good ol stuff here. Perfect place for the noob.