• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lady DateJust 28mm Your Opinions Please

NewMember3939

Looking Around
9/7/21
HI There,

I am a new Member and really not good in spotting flaws :/ Could some of you maybe help me out on this Quality Control Pics I got from Li?

It would really help me out :)))

Thank you!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Reactions: Rollie4Life

NewMember3939

Looking Around
9/7/21
Sorry I didn't know that.

Nevertheless If I go into the details I would like to ask the community if the crown shows the correct writing (two dots) which indicates white gold. Shouldn't it be just a line?

Also the Rolex crown on the Dial seems a bit off centred to my eye.

It would be great to get a feedback on these questions.

Thank you

Rollie4Life

28/7/19
There is a good reason why these rules exist. I agree of course with the fellow member above.

You need to learn to QC yourself, if someone does it for you you will not learn. For instance I can share some basic knowledge to identify issues with QC pics but you have to apply them yourself.

Now lesson 1 i have learned is never be too picky. It’s a replica, it won’t be perfect. And there is no guarantee the next one will be better, could be worse.

Im saying that what I look for is symmetry. Drawing symmetrical lines across the dial and diagonally across the markers helps identify how well positioned elements are.

Then you have the positioning of the date window, ensuring it is not way off center.

Most importantly, grab a cup of coffee and read through the forums. I know there isn’t much info on the Lady Datejusts but if you look through the Rolex threads for larger versions you will notice what other people are looking for and even common concerns members have with QC pics.

Also I can guarantee you there would be countless threads of what to look for in QC pics.

Read up, good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: P..DR..D

Rollie4Life

28/7/19
Sorry I didn't know that.

Nevertheless If I go into the details I would like to ask the community if the crown shows the correct writing (two dots) which indicates white gold. Shouldn't it be just a line?

Also the Rolex crown on the Dial seems a bit off centred to my eye.

It would be great to get a feedback on these questions.

Thank you

That’s the point of the rule. To your eye you see one issue to another they may see a thousand. But the guy that sees a thousand is usually the guy that would still accept the watch as they know they are never perfect.

If to your eyes you are not satisfied, then that’s your answer.

And it’s not cool to disregard the previous members comments and keep asking. A grumpy mod might freely swing the axe.