• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Transferwise Issue 'running some checks'

cecilcu92

Known Member
Certified
6/2/20
CONUS
I've done six painless and nearly instant transactions with wise, but the seventh didn't go through. The frustrating part is that they don't give any useful information as to why. I tried to send money last Tuesday, and it said 'running some checks' and that it could take 4 business days. Today it is cancelled, with no email or additional info as to why. So I tried it again, and it says the same thing. I know the obvious answer is that I've bought too many watches, but I would like to get it squared away to pay for the current order in the meantime. Anyone else have this issue before? Any way to fix it? Thanks.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Have you send to this person before? Also this person's account might be compromised, as banks now are very careful with money laundering checks (my sister is in banking).

I personally had used TW for years with no issues. Maybe is the receivers issue not your account.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

cecilcu92

Known Member
Certified
6/2/20
CONUS
Have you send to this person before? Also this person's account might be compromised, as banks now are very careful with money laundering checks (my sister is in banking).

I personally had used TW for years with no issues. Maybe is the receivers issue not your account.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Yes, thanks, and I'm aware of all the typical reasons for a hold. I also work in finance and I used to develop code for fraud and anomalous transaction detection. The frustrating part is that it was canceled without any explanation. I have emailed them, but the initial response was just a regurgitation of the initial message.

cecilcu92

Known Member
Certified
6/2/20
CONUS
Seems like the account that Trusty gave me is now closed. Surprised that no one else had the same issue, but finally know the reason. FYI, when something like this happens, evidently transferwise customer service has no way to tell you why, at least that is what I was told. I guess the actual transfer is handled externally.