• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First time using TransferWise and am confused?

ladysirena

Looking Around
27/6/21
Hi, trying to buy my first rep (Cartier Tank Solo from Hont). Reached out via WhatsApp and he told me to pay via TransferWise. He gave me his info so I could send payment. I've never used TransferWise before and perhaps it's just a newbie misunderstanding, but his info isn't being accepted. He gave me his name, routing number, and account number, along with a TransferWise address.

But on TransferWise I see only two ways to pay: UnionPay Card or Alipay. Neither have them are taking his info.

Not sure what I'm missing. I would rather not do a direct wire transfer because my bank charges $30 per transaction and I imagine the exchange rates aren't as good.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

watchdogg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/3/10
United States
Hi all. I am resurrecting an older thread hoping not to be redundant.

I am hoping to purchase a rep from a TD, using Transferwise ( now called Wise). I have an account with Wise, but have never used. I have read many threads, watched a bunch of videos, but it is still unclear to me how to transfer my money from USBank to transferwise.

1) Do I need the TDs bank account information first?
2) Can I transfer money from my USBank account to Wise, then hold as a balance, and then transfer to the TD, or does it go directly to the TD?
3) Can I transfer money from my USBank account without incurring a "Wire Transfer Fee"? I was told today it will amount to around $75???

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
watchdogg

When I used Wise, I loaded money to it first. Could take a couple of days, but know when you log in the Wise Balance.
Then I added the TD as a recipient, and like paypal, selected them and paid in their preferred currency (it was CNY)
It was the cheapest method for me, and gave the best exchange rate/fees.

So to answer your questions:

1) Not to upload to Wise, only when making the final payment.

2) Transfer to wise and hold balance to either transfer to TD or to whoever you decide.

3) I've found transferring from my local account to foreign bank accounts was very expensive, the bank fees were expensive. Wise was the cheapest option for me. I loaded EUR to it (simple bank transfer, cost me nothinh) then got a good exchange rate (and reduced fees) when I paid on to TD in local currency.

Adding link as knew I answered before, just had to find it :search:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...buy-from-trusted-dealer?p=9928071#post9928071

Best of luck.

Last edited:

skeptiballs

Horology Curious
25/4/21
I've used a number of payment methods and have found the best option to be USDT or USDC stablecoin. most dealers accept crypto payments now and some will even give you a discount.

As always, DYOR but this is what I have found.

MaxAndPaddy

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/5/22
Crewe
I've used a number of payment methods and have found the best option to be USDT or USDC stablecoin. most dealers accept crypto payments now and some will even give you a discount.

As always, DYOR but this is what I have found.

I always found the crypto route the easiest but used Transfer Wise the other day and it was mint.. relatively easy set up and not a complicated user interface.