• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How do you order with Puretime?

ShivM

Horology Curious
14/2/20
Hi all,

I am interested in placing my first rep order with Puretime. I had a few questions that I'm hoping somebody can answer:
  1. Are all of the items listed on the Puretime website still in-stock and available? I ask because some of the items say they were added in early 2020, so I'm not sure if there is limited supply or if even they are still available (specifically https://puretimewatch.io/special-of...l-steel-noob-1-1-best-edition-a2836-v10s.html).
  2. How does the payment process/order process work? Do you order via their website (I see an option to order) or do you place an order via email? What payment methods are accepted?
  3. Given that the CNY just ended, for shipping to the United States, how long should I expect the process to take from the day I place the order to the day I receive the watch? Any estimate will be OK, I know that nobody knows for certain how long the process will take, but an estimate would be appreciated (primarily so I know what shipping address to use).
Thanks in advance for your help and I look forward to placing my first rep order with Puretime.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks for choosing to order from Puretime

1. Not all of the items are always in stocks. You can email to check with us before ordering

2. Please order via our website directly. We can take cards( Master, Amex. JCB), transferwise, bitcoin.

3. Usually may takes 3 weeks around for shipping to the United States

Please email us at [email protected] if you have any questions

ShivM

Horology Curious
14/2/20
Thanks for choosing to order from Puretime

1. Not all of the items are always in stocks. You can email to check with us before ordering

2. Please order via our website directly. We can take cards( Master, Amex. JCB), transferwise, bitcoin.

3. Usually may takes 3 weeks around for shipping to the United States

Please email us at [email protected] if you have any questions

Thanks. I contacted via email and confirmed the Rolex rep I wanted is in stock.

I just placed the order and am awaiting Transferwise instructions to make payment.

Looking forward!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thank you for your order :) We will email you payment instructions as soon as possible

ShivM

Horology Curious
14/2/20
Thank you for your order :) We will email you payment instructions as soon as possible

Thank you. I received an email with payment instructions via Transferwise.com.

I just completed the payment and am excited to receive QC pictures for my order.

Usually how long does it take to receive QC pictures?

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thank you. I received an email with payment instructions via Transferwise.com.

I just completed the payment and am excited to receive QC pictures for my order.

Usually how long does it take to receive QC pictures?

Thank you so much for your payment to us. Usually it takes 5-6 days but at this time it could take a little bit longer since factories have just started to produce again from the long CNY holidays :)

flight_cray

Horology Curious
24/2/21
Hi ShivM . Would you mind sharing how your process has been so far? I had a few questions like how did the transferwise payment work? Did you buy on their site after confirming your rep is in stock or did you handle everything via email? Also, did Puretime add on fees and if so, how large were they? Sounds like for CC they tack on ~$50 USD so I'm planning on paying through transferwise. Also, were you able to request specifics for QC before paying? And to clarify I'm not referring to getting QC pics since that comes after payment, but confirming if you can get certain types of pics once they get the watch (E.g. requesting pics with hands at different positions, pic with a timegrapher, etc). I don't know what the standard set of QC pics are from Puretime. Sorry for all the questions, I've been scouring through RWI and am about to make my first purchase soon!

ShivM

Horology Curious
14/2/20
Hi ShivM . Would you mind sharing how your process has been so far? I had a few questions like how did the transferwise payment work? Did you buy on their site after confirming your rep is in stock or did you handle everything via email? Also, did Puretime add on fees and if so, how large were they? Sounds like for CC they tack on ~$50 USD so I'm planning on paying through transferwise. Also, were you able to request specifics for QC before paying? And to clarify I'm not referring to getting QC pics since that comes after payment, but confirming if you can get certain types of pics once they get the watch (E.g. requesting pics with hands at different positions, pic with a timegrapher, etc). I don't know what the standard set of QC pics are from Puretime. Sorry for all the questions, I've been scouring through RWI and am about to make my first purchase soon!

Sure man, happy to answer what I can with the limited knowledge I’ve gathered thus far.

I selected Transferwise at checkout and then later received an email from an actual human at Puretime with further instructions. The instructions were straightforward and it was my first time using Transferwise. Effectively, it’s PayPal yet for international currency transfers and that realm. I only paid $5.89 in fees by sending the money directly from my bank account (no cards used). My total on the Puretime site was $301.00 even, and the total amount that left my bank account was $306.89.

I emailed them before ordering to confirm the specific watch I want was in stock. They emailed back within a day confirming it is, and I ordered it a few hours later.

With respect to QC, I’ve been told by Puretime that I should have my QC pictures within one week. That’s apparently slower than normal while they work through their CNY closure backlog, and I can understand that. For now, it’s a waiting game. I’ll be posting updates on this thread as I get them so any other first-time buyers can reference an event-by-event sort of thread. I couldn’t find one when I was thinking about buying.

flight_cray

Horology Curious
24/2/21
Ahh thanks a ton that was super helpful. I wasn't sure how large their fees would be in the end but sounds like everything went smoothly for you! I'll definitely check back on this thread to see your updates!

ShivM

Horology Curious
14/2/20
As I said, I’ll be keeping my thread updated with each step of the process.

Yesterday, approximately 24 hours ago, around 6:00am (US CST time zone), I received my QC pictures from Puretime. I pointed out one potential issue which may turn out just to be dust, so we will see how they respond. If it’s not a scuff, then the pictures are approved. I’m excited to know my watch will be shipping out soon. Curious to see how that process looks overall in terms of timing and ease. I’ll keep everybody posted, but it looks like they’re doing a great job catching up on their CNY backlog.

ShivM

Horology Curious
14/2/20
Oh, also, it was about 6 days since my order was placed and 5 days since payment was made to receive my QC pictures just so you guys have an idea of how long that took. They originally told me to expect a week, but it was actually two days shorter than that (from the day I paid)!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Yesterday, approximately 24 hours ago, around 6:00am (US CST time zone), I received my QC pictures from Puretime. I pointed out one potential issue which may turn out just to be dust, so we will see how they respond. If it’s not a scuff, then the pictures are approved. I’m excited to know my watch will be shipping out soon. Curious to see how that process looks overall in terms of timing and ease. I’ll keep everybody posted, but it looks like they’re doing a great job catching up on their CNY backlog.

Thank you. We will double check the watch then get back to you. Hopefully all is good with the watch so that we can have it shipped out soon :)

ShivM

Horology Curious
14/2/20
Thank you. We will double check the watch then get back to you. Hopefully all is good with the watch so that we can have it shipped out soon :)

The QC department said it was not a scuff or scratch on the watch and just the sticker over the watch. I’m told my order will be going out today and I should receive tracking information soon. Looking forward to it.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
The QC department said it was not a scuff or scratch on the watch and just the sticker over the watch. I’m told my order will be going out today and I should receive tracking information soon. Looking forward to it.

That's great then. So we will process the shipment :)

ShivM

Horology Curious
14/2/20
I’m told the watch will be shipped and I should receive tracking information soon.

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Oh, also, it was about 6 days since my order was placed and 5 days since payment was made to receive my QC pictures just so you guys have an idea of how long that took. They originally told me to expect a week, but it was actually two days shorter than that (from the day I paid)!

I ordered in mid-January and haven't received QC pics yet. Unsure how they're prioritizing these.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I ordered in mid-January and haven't received QC pics yet. Unsure how they're prioritizing these.
Please understand it differs from different watches and factories. We will help you to push the factory. Appreciate your understanding.

ShivM

Horology Curious
14/2/20
No tracking number yet. It has been 4 days since I approved QC. They said the watch should ship out that same day.

I emailed earlier asking for a status on tracking number, currently awaiting reply.

Hilltop

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/20
Interesting read to follow your story but please sit back and try to be patient. All will arrive soon enough :)

Reactions: ShivM